Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Secondary Locations: Los Angeles,California,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_079752-en Apply
Bring your passion and interest for proposal and presentation development to Mercer as the Proposal Specialist. At Mercer you will have the opportunity to support sales and consulting teams in winning and retaining client business. Come work with and learn from industry leading teams. The team at Mercer will prepare you for a
successful career and provide exceptional networking opportunities.
This position is to serve as a strategic proposal project manager, writer, and editor for new business proposals, presentations and other communications supporting sales activities. The proposal specialist will work closely with the sales directors and consulting teams throughout each phase of the sales process, from pre-sales tasks to post-sales results evaluation.
- Support the proposal/presentation development process including:
- Review Requests For Proposals for submission requirements;
- Lead proposal planning calls, to develop overall work plans/schedules, determine and communicate roles/assignments, monitor team progress, and organize peer review;
- Determine need for template for proposals and presentations and delegate (or perform) as appropriate;
- Work closely with RFP/Presentation Content Manager to ensure templates follow Mercer formatting standards; determine research/SME needs, delegate or perform as appropriate.
- Work with Sales Director/consulting team on the strategy for key opportunities, with specific focus on presales activities, gathering information, co-ordination with bid teams, and preparing client facing materials.
- Play a leading or facilitation role in opportunity strategy formulation working closely with the Sales Director/consulting team to help identify client/prospect business-drivers, and create the optimal proposal communication strategy and corresponding theme/value propositions.
- Write proposal/presentation custom content and executive summaries that clearly and persuasively describes service features and benefits, and is geared toward readers’ needs and level of knowledge; demonstrate clear language and good business writing principles.
- Review proposal and presentation documents for best practice language and submit to proposal coordinators for addition to database.
- Following all Bid Center procedures in terms of logging proposals, submitting to compliance, storage and providing survey information.
- Bachelors’ Degree in business, journalism, marketing, English, communication or other relevant field.
- 3-5 years of experience in RFP/proposal development, marketing, sales or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent project management, organization and communication skills, including facilitation, writing and editing.
- Strong customer service/sales focus.
- Preference for candidate to reside in STL or LA.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.