Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_048832-en Apply
Senior Specialist- FP&A - Marsh
Financial Planning and Analysis is a critical component of a company’s overall business strategy. Marsh is looking for a strong Senior Specialist to use their expertise to provide solid analytical support for business decisions. If you are experienced in using a wide range of market-related data to create the story and collaborate with business partners on the strategy build, then we want to speak with you!
In this position, you will be responsible for a number of functions. They include the following:
- Provides client support and financial business partnering to senior and executive management at a multi-function, complex function or large scale business level.
- Independently executes financial modeling, including performing financial analyst activities, and financial reporting, and various metrics projects.
- Acts independently to represent Finance on cross-functional management teams for a function or business.
- Collaborates across multiple functions and businesses at a senior level to resolve complex issues and provide strategic direction on an enterprise level.
- Develops budgets and quarterly forecasts both bottoms up and top down.
- Ensures financial reports and statistical analyses are developed and accurate.
- Identifies financial and operational KPIs and converts them into dashboards to drive accountability for performance throughout the company.
- Prepares and delivers reports and presentations to advise management on financial analyses, results, and recommendations.
- Creates and maintains financial models, performs variance analyses, and develops business cases to inform financial strategy.
- Implements financial processes and systems to maximize the quality of financial reporting, analyses, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Works closely with other departments to produce period reporting and analysis to support the business, region and market in making informed decisions.
The Senior Specialist FP&A will work closely with account executives and provide information related to client trends (fee/commission prices, lost reasons, market trends, etc) to help support the firm’s strategic plans. He/she will be skilled at collaborating and comfortable delivering non-negotiable information from a policy/procedure perspective.
The right person for this opportunity will possess strong communication skills and should be able to translate accounting terminology to business partners. Working with leadership will be a regular part of this role, so having a good professional presence and presentation skills will be critical. He/she will also display intellectual curiosity and should be comfortable asking tough questions to drive business behavior that is aligned with the company’s strategy Technology-wise, the candidate should have strong Excel skills and, ideally, have Essbase experience.
If this sounds like you, and you are ready to become part of an industry leader, apply today!
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.