Compensation and Benefits Analyst
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_038679-en Apply
WHO WE ARE
We’re Mercer - a global consulting leader in health, wealth and career. Mercer has more than 22,600 colleagues based in over 40 countries. We help clients worldwide from small businesses to Fortune 1000 companies advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people.
THE POSITION: CAREER CONSULTING COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS ANALYST
Mercer’s Career business helps companies design, assess, and execute rewards strategies that reinforce business objectives. We do this by understanding our clients’ unique strategies, capabilities, and company cultures, applying our design and analytical skills and in-depth knowledge of global market practices to deliver effective results.
To learn more about Mercer’s Career practice, please visit https://www.mercer.com/what-we-do/workforce-and-careers.html
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office—Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentations
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE:
- Provide analysis of compensation, benefits, and total rewards for client’s executive and workforce populations.
- Research public filings to gather financial data, develop peer groups to analyze client data and use Mercer's in house technology to run reports and extract market data to use in production of analysis.
- Work with colleagues to analyze clients' compensation and benefits data versus market utilizing Excel modelling.
- May also research other areas to solicit knowledge at the request of senior consultants.
- Assist in preparing client presentations/ reports by using Excel data and PowerPoint for review by more senior consultants.
- Understand talent management trends, pay practices and policies for a particular client and within the broader marketplace.
- Two to five years of relevant HR-related work experience
- Bachelor's degree in math, economics, finance, business, statistics, accounting, or HR preferred
- Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.