Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_058438-en Apply
- Utilize HRMS software (Workday) to effectively manage the day-to-day processing of employee payroll
- Audit/process withholding tax set up and changes for employee using W-4 and multi-state tax withholding information while ensuring proper set up in employee’s tax jurisdictions using payroll software
- Audit of employee data to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local tax laws including FLSA, FMLA, and SOX governance
- Update earnings, taxes, and voluntary and involuntary deductions for appropriate payroll cycle(s) by data entry into HRMS system (i.e. Workday, Additional Pay, Tax Instructions and Distribution, Job Data, and General Deductions)
- Closely follow documentation and assist in maintaining Payroll Operations Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Utilize data and reporting from work management tools (i.e. ServiceNow) to ensure that Service Level Agreements are met or exceeded, by providing timely service and quality problem resolution each and every time.
- Communicate effectively with teams across HRSS to ensure customer service SLAs are met and/or exceeded
- Associate Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of payroll processing experience
- Basic to intermediate payroll law and payroll production knowledge required
- Strong communication (written & oral), organization, and customer service skills
- Strong computer and analytical skills in a Windows based environment – including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Experience utilizing and operating Workday and ServiceNow
- Payroll Certification highly preferred (FPC)
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.