Senior Specialist Incident Management
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Secondary Locations: Louisville,Kentucky,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_044771-en Apply
Senior Specialist, Major Incidents – APAC Region
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Work 1 pm to 9 pm Mountain Time
We are Marsh & McLennan Companies a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate serves as an internal business function providing infrastructure and operational services to our family of companies. Through a shared vision and best practices, we provide efficient and sustainable solutions to meet internal customer business needs.
The Senior Specialist, Major Incidents is a member of the Major Incident Management team charged with the responsibility for leading all IT related Major Incidents with the primary goal to restore normal service operation within service level agreements (SLAs) and to minimize negative effects of unplanned service outages or interruptions on business operations in the APAC region.
The Senior Specialist, Major Incidents will engage and work with senior members of the IT organization to restore service levels, and also update senior IT and business leaders as to the status and progress to service level restoration. He/she will design, implement and maintain major incident processes, reporting metrics and all other aspects of Major Incident Management. This senior position is responsible for ensuring the most critical enterprise systems are restored to service level when incidents occur that degrade or interrupt normal service operation. This person will report to the Global Leader of Major Incident Management. This person will also be a member of the Problem Management team and seek to determine the root cause of incidents and then initiate actions to improve or correct the situation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyze the impact and determine the severity when engaged on a Severity 1 or 2 or crisis incidents. Conduct a systems analysis applying the ITIL framework for severity and scope
- Ensure all appropriate resources are engaged and that restoration efforts are properly prioritized. Craft business appropriate communications for the affected operating companies and manages a major incident conference call with the appropriate technical stakeholders
- Writes and delivers clear and concise business alerts, updates, and closures to MGTI Senior Management, MGTI Leadership, Operating Companies Senior IT Leadership, and IT colleagues and leaders in the operating companies for both Severity 1 Incidents
- Ensure Major Incident records are fully documented and prioritized with appropriate diligence in order to facilitate a swift and effective resolution both during and after the Incident
- Review regular SLA reporting on SEV 1 and SEV 2 incidents to ensure that MIM and other resolver teams are properly managing ticket status and routing
- Proactively identify opportunities for service improvements; directly address and eradicate unacceptable levels of service our customers
- Work in Problem Management as time permits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business
- ITIL Certifcation
- Six Sigma Certification preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
- 10 years running incident/situation/crisis events in a large, complex enterprise
- 10 years working in a process-driven environment
- 10-15 years of interacting with a demanding customer focused service delivery organization
- 10 years’ of experience working in a global environment across multiple regions
- Experience interfacing with senior leadership
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong “command and control” presence
- Commit to working: 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm MT Mountain Time (Arizona time)
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world’s leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 63,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity