Employee Health & Benefits Account Assistant - Marsh & McLennan Agency, Cincinnati Ohio
Location: Loveland, Ohio, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_042824-en Apply
Marsh & McLennan (MMA) has been recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work”. We think you’ll agree! Some of the reasons our Associates love working here include:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement, including paid training and professional development
- Significant emphasis on community involvement – Associates are encouraged to support and volunteer for their favorite charities
- Focus on wellness – Wellness Committee/program, stand-up desk and walking desk available in each office
- Social and teambuilding opportunities like happy hour, plus other celebrations
- MMA values those who value both independence and teamwork, and have the need to be the best in their niche
- We dream big and invite you to share in our core values of:
- The Account Assistant is an Integral part of a larger Account Management Team whose primary function is to support the daily operations of the team and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and client retention.
- As an Account Assistant in our Employee Benefits Group, you can expect to gain skills, training and experiences that will allow you to continue on a career path that could include promotions to an Account Manager, Team Leader, or Benefits Consultant.
- If this sounds like an opportunity you have been seeking, we would love to hear from you!
- Supports the Account Manager with client marketing, including preparing requests for proposal, coordinating responses with insurance carriers, and comparing benefits and costs via marketing spreadsheets.
- Assist with employee-facing communications on behalf of clients, including providing client-specific plan information, proofreading communication pieces, and creating simple communication pieces as needed
- Aid team members in addressing and resolving client issues involving claims, administration, compliance, etc.
- Respond promptly to client requests for service/assistance.
- Communicate on a professional level with insurance carriers and other vendors to address client issues in a manner that produces optimum results in a timely fashion.
- Make a positive contribution to customer satisfaction and constantly strive to improve service to the customer.
- Attend position related seminars/classes, as required.
- Enter and maintain all client data in Agency Management System.
- Set up meetings for account teams.
- Prepare benchmarking reports using a variety of source material.
- Obtain various reports, such as claims, as needed.
- Assume other special duties as requested such as maintenance of the carrier and vendor master list, providing administrative support for department events, and updating client and internal Associate lists.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred