Employee Health & Benefits Account Manager - MMA Midwest - Loveland, Ohio
Location: Loveland, Ohio, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_042671-en Apply
SUMMARY: Marsh & McLennan (MMA) has been recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work”. We think you’ll agree! Some of the reasons our Associates love working here include:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement, including paid training and professional development
- Significant emphasis on community involvement – Associates are encouraged to support and volunteer for their favorite charities
- Focus on wellness – Wellness Committee/program, stand-up desk and walking desk available in each office
- Social and teambuilding opportunities like happy hour, plus other celebrations
- MMA values those who value both independence and teamwork, and have the need to be the best in their niche
- We dream big and invite you to share in our core values of:
- The Account Manager is an Integral part of a larger Client Management Team whose primary function is to support the daily operations of the team, ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, enhance and solidify relationships, manage and maintain clients’ accounts, and ensure client retention through exceptional customer service.
- As an Account Manager in our Employee Health & Benefits Group, you can expect to gain skills, training and experiences that will allow you to continue on a career path that could include promotions to an Team Leader, Client Advisor, Client Director, or Benefits Consultant.
- If this sounds like an opportunity you have been seeking, we would love to hear from you!
- Maintains consistent and continuous communication with assigned clients to provide needed information, creative solutions, and resolution of issues for clients
- Manages clients’ day to day service needs by working with team members to ensure requests are met
- Understands carriers’ underwriting processes and procedures
- Requests renewal information, directs Account Assistant to market account, and structures clients’ proposals
- Prepares comparisons for recommended coverage, facilitates opportunities for account rounding and negotiates renewal terms
- Works directly with Producers, Carrier Representatives, Clients, Service Team, and other departments to maintain current information in the agency management system
- Initiates periodic visits to clients to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and to provide additional coverage options and/or account rounding opportunities (per Department guidelines)
- Schedules and conducts Employee Meetings to present coverage(s)
- When appropriate, requests disruption report
- Ensures accuracy, proper handling, and appropriate distribution of policies (SBC, etc.), and other requests from clients
- Assists in locating and implementing appropriate wellness program vendors
- Participates and assists with employee’s claims through processing or forwarding to Claims Manager
- Participates in continuing education to maintain Health and Life license
- Stays current on regulations, Health Care Reform, and general insurance knowledge. Assists in communicating this information to clients.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that helps promote a positive working relationship with clients, carriers, colleagues and management
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College Degree Preferred
- Account Assistant or Equivalent
- Health & Life License required
- Industry certification preferred and required for advancement
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, speaking and writing
- Flexibility and creativity for developing innovative and customized business solutions
- Exceptional relationship development skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer literacy for correspondence, data entry, e-mail, Internet, Carrier websites, spreadsheets and accessing data from company systems
Demonstrate our Values:
- Integrity - Demonstrates professional behaviors with honesty and respect
- Collaboration - Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, clients and carriers.
- Passion for customer service - Must be able to effectively interact with internal and external clients by demonstrating basic knowledge of the clients’ business needs, instilling confidence, revolving issues, following through on commitments, and tapping all available resources in order to meet the clients’ expectations.
- Innovation - Must be able to use problem-solving skills to identify and solve problems or offer solutions using knowledge of the client as well as knowledge of the insurance industry.
- Accountability - Establishes priorities and organizes time effectively and efficiently to ensure that tasks are completed to meet or exceed customer expectations.