Employee Health & Benefits Consultant (MMA; Bouchard Region)
Location: Clearwater, Florida, United States
Secondary Locations: Maitland,Florida,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_083878-en Apply
In early 2019, Bouchard Insurance joined Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA), a subsidiary of Marsh LLC, the world’s leading insurance broker and risk management advisor. Now known as Bouchard Insurance, A Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC, the partnership enabled us to retain our leadership, service model and culture while adding the support and resources of MMA.
We are consistently recognized as a best place to work and a leader in the development of the next generation of insurance professionals. We are proud to be a learning organization which empowers employees to teach and be taught. As a result, we have the best insurance professionals in the business.
We are looking for a Benefits Consultant who will be well versed on complete accountability of client management for an Employer’s Health and Welfare plan.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A BENEFITS CONSULTANT:
- Negotiate on behalf of clients to achieve goals of best benefits for best rates.
- Comprehensive renewal analysis to research alternate options to reduce costs.
- Direct and execute implementations, enrollments, and communication processes.
- Update and maintain client data in ImageRight and BenefitPoint.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with carriers
- Ability to collect, review, and disseminate carrier utilization data in support of client service and profitablility including the identification of performance trends, benchmarking data, and plan design solutions for renewal years for identified clients.
- Coordination of the above mentioned data may also be utilized within Decision Maker Warehouse (DMW) to produce predetermined output. The BC will need to be able to both educate the Producers and Clients on this output as well as provide strategy and solutions for any identified concerns.
- Initiate and facilitate on-site client meetings to review and present claims data (monthly, quarterly, or bi-annually), marketing proposals, pay-or-play calculations, pre-renewal and renewal projections, and Open Enrollment meetings.
- Review proposals and make recommendations and suggestions to formalize final proposal.
- Carrier implementation
- 5500 filing and Plan Document support.
- Internal ToolKit and workflow adherence.
- Offer strategy and solutions to Clients financial, plan design, RX
- Billing audits and resolutions
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Current 2-15 License
- College degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong technical group benefits insurance knowledge, industry experience, and full knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting principles.
- Self-funded experience required
- Well versed in claims reporting and reporting criteria
- Experience with large employee health and benefits clients
- A working knowledge of medical underwriting preferred
- Strong communication and negotiation skills necessary for clients, carriers, and prospects.
- Leadership and delegation skills
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BOUCHARD:
- Personal growth
- Amazing clients and coworkers
- Comprehensive benefits
- Focus on community service
- Success is defined in our 4 Core Values: B Engaged, B Focused, B Involved, B Happy
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, 401K, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. Learn more about us on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and at www.bouchardinsurance.com