Internal Communications Operations Manager
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Secondary Locations: Manchester,United Kingdom;Manchester,,United Kingdom;
Company: MercerJob ID R_053450-en Apply
The Internal Communications Operations Manager serves as a key member of the Communications Centre of Excellence, with a specific focus on supporting the delivery of the regional communication strategies and plans.
He or she will provide operational support primarily related to internal communication delivery; video production; toolkit development, conferencing and live events; research, metrics and reporting. This candidate will also be responsible for managing news editorial and posting of news on Mercer’s Intranet site – for regional content, as relevant. The ideal candidate will be a proactive thinker and worker, highly motivated and able to work independently and in a fast-paced environment, have creative flair, be collaborative, organized, and very detail-oriented.
- Become proficient with Mercer’s branded communication tools and resources, utilizing Word templates, images, PowerPoint banners to prepare emails for distribution
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of colleague email distributions, relying on Workday data:
- Develop best practice communications toolkits to support strategic projects
- Provide ad hoc support, such as project management, peer review, graphics/design/formatting, etc. on communication projects
Video Production and Delivery
- Work with video production team (internal/external) as needed to finalize and post colleague videos.
- Review and approve colleague-submitted videos through Mercer TV channel and provide video links for internal promotion
- Become knowledgeable about conferencing and facilities options and establish relationships with internal and external conferencing and facilities teams
- Support the delivery of ad hoc in-person and virtual colleague events/forums.
- Utilize Zoom webinar license to set up events, including adding panelists, creating polling questions
- Develop and issue invitations through shared mailboxes
- Manage other event components as needed (conference room booking, presentation updating/finalizing/uploading, presenter coordination, live support (handling Q&A, advancing slides), etc.).
Research, Metrics & Reporting
- Evaluate employee communication channels (such as emails, videos, intranet pages) by conducting colleague interviews, surveys and/or focus groups, and reviewing metrics (email open rate, link click-through, views for intranet pages and video).
- Have strong research skills: leverage third-party studies, benchmarking and best practices; gather and organize colleague feedback; combine and analyze data to look beyond the numbers to identify meaningful insights and use data to tell a story and gain support
- Create a monthly dashboard to show the effectiveness of communication channels and initiatives and provide recommendations for improvement
Intranet Site Work
- Maintain the global and International intranet homepage content including reviewing and publishing news, maintaining and rotating a current roster of news
- Maintain key components of the International intranet page, including organizational charts and leadership information.
- Relevant qualifications in either Communications, Marketing or Business
- 5+ years’ experience in internal communications, marketing or related fields
- Excellent organizational abilities and impeccable attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a client focus
- The ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Writing, editing, and proofreading skills plus a working knowledge of AP style
- A creative flair with an interest in design and developing fresh concepts
- A high degree of self-management: ability to resolve conflicts, hold self accountable, meet deadlines and provide solutions with minimal oversight
- Problem solving abilities and analytical thinking capabilities
- Advanced MS Office skills – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and understanding of HTML, SharePoint and Photoshop
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Mercer recognizes the need to balance work and personal commitment. At Mercer we believe all roles can flex. Please speak to us about all available working options