Senior Bid Manager
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Secondary Locations: Birmingham,United Kingdom;Leeds,,United Kingdom;
Company: MarshJob ID R_045962-en Apply
We are excited to be expanding our highly successful bid team in either our Manchester or Birmingham operations. This is a varied and rewarding role with excellent opportunities for personal development and career progression.
The Senior Bid Manager will be responsible for managing and co-ordinating new business and defensive reviews to improve the growth and retention performance of the North & Scotland regions. Working as part of a high performance IMPACT team with an important role to play for Marsh, the person will ensure that MMC resources are engaged to drive best practice in all aspects of our client and prospect projects.
- Define and scope projects – outputs, timescales, resources and methodology
- Build and articulate the company strategy to assist new business and client service teams to win and retain clients
- Build and lead effective project teams engaging the right resources across the business
- Coaching of client/ prospect-facing colleagues to understand and shape the successful project
- Allocate and review tasks/activities/progress regularly
- Production of professional written material including new business reports and presentations
- Ensuring Group resources are understood and communicated to clients and prospects
- Liaison with broking team to ensure appropriate broking input
- Ensuring deadlines are met by project team
- Meeting with clients/prospects to conduct factfinds and occasionally support presentations
- If required, undertake necessary intervention or escalation to ensure project is delivered
- Generate and share ideas/ best practice across the IMPACT team
- Other internal or external tasks as directed by management adhering to agreed timescales
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience in the insurance industry
- Experienced in understanding and identifying client’s business issues, insurance programmes and service drivers
- A collegiate approach to working
- Proven client, team building and people skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to manage workloads across multiple projects to ensure deadlines are met
- Attention to detail to ensure that output to clients (external and internal) is of the highest standard
- Working within FCA, Compliance and the company’s specific procedures and guidelines
- Competent in Microsoft Office and similar business applications
- Full driving licence
- ACII preferred but not essential
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world.To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration.Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth.Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: pension, health and welfare, tuition assistance, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/diversity.