Senior Sales Consultant
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
Secondary Locations: Manchester,United Kingdom;Edinburgh,,United Kingdom;
Company: MercerJob ID R_057793-en Apply
Working as part of Mercers Employee Benefits business, this is a challenging and demanding role, which will require the candidate to create sales opportunities from a combination of initiatives, some self-developed, others instigated by the wider business.
The candidate will have the ability to network effectively, being adept at building and developing relationships from new contacts. Possessing a good understanding of the Employee Benefits sector with a focus on DB schemes, the candidate will have the ability to distil complex ideas and be able to articulate their essence.
Experience skills & attributes
- Create and manage client prospect pipeline to ensure a sufficient level of sales opportunities to deliver required revenue for employee benefits business
- Create opportunities from company sponsored events (seminars, workshops, trustee clubs etc.)
- Devise, plan and set strategy for sales related activities
- Undertake initial “first” meetings with prospects
- Convert prospect meetings into sales opportunities
- Manage and develop the relationship with prospect
- Lead and own client project and relationship from post sales to on-going delivery.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of industry developments with a focus on DB issues
- Support the team in the delivery of projects.
- Interact effectively with Bid, Proposition and PR team to maximise opportunities
The key focus of the role would include
- Networker and influencer
- Entrepreneurial and creative approach
- Technical knowledge
- A relationship builder
- Degree level and/or professional industry qualification
- Existing network of existing prospects and contacts at a senior level
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.