Claims Case Manager
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Company: MercerJob ID R_061375-en Apply
- A number of new opportunities available to join a global leader in an exciting growth period
- Join a high performing and supportive team dedicated to individual success
- Beautiful modern offices located in the prestigious Collins Square building
This is the time to be joining Mercer! Having recently won a number of large key clients we’re delighted to announce that our Administration Operations team is quickly growing. Over the past year we’ve taken the time to ensure that our operations are closely aligned to our client’s needs and to ensure that we are creating roles that are challenging, rewarding and fulfilling.
We’re looking for Claims Case Managers with a variety of skills and technical expertise to join us in this exciting growth period. We’re keen to have the very best superannuation talent as part of our team at Mercer and are committed to helping you achieve your potential.
Duties and responsibilities include
- Manage your own portfolio of claims (TPD, Death and Income protection)
- Responsible for portfolio of claims from end to end
- Investigate thoroughly each claim and respond to claimant/member
- Able to build and maintain effective relationships with other team and external stakeholders
- Prepare Trustee and insurer claim submissions
- Proactively follow up receipt of claim documentation
- Confidently speaking on the phone to members/claimants/stakeholders when requesting for additional/outstanding requirements
- Acknowledging with members by phone the receipt of important correspondence
- Providing members/claimants/stakeholders with consistent updates and the progress of the claim
- Ensuring the sum insured amount paid by the insurer is aligned with the policy and correct
- Ensure all legislative requirements and guidelines are followed at all times
Skills and experience
- Previous experience in Case Manager or similar role
- Strong Insurance technical knowledge either claims or underwriting across Death, TPD and IP claims
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal correspondence
- Demonstrated skills in customer service
- Good problem solving abilities and technical expertise
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective team player
- RG146 / ASFA qualifications (would be great)
- Good understanding of relevant Superannuation legislation and industry knowledge
At Mercer we are dedicated to providing our team members with specialist skills to become high performing professionals in their field.
Please send your resume to Pam Tennant by using the link provided. Should your resume be shortlisted, you will receive a link from HireVue to complete a digital video interview as part of the recruitment process. Once you have completed and returned the HireVue video interview a member of our Talent Acquisition team will make contact with you within two weeks.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete Criminal Record and Bankruptcy check prior to commencement of employment.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.