Head of Compliance & Regulatory Affairs
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_093615-en Apply
Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Melbourne or Sydney office:
Head of Compliance and Regulatory Affairs, Pacific
Purpose of Role:
- The Head of Compliance and Regulatory Affair Pacific is responsible for leading the development, execution and oversight of Mercer’s compliance program in Australia and New Zealand.
- This role has responsibility for building and continuously improving the compliance management and oversight capabilities of the function and providing independent oversight and advice on Mercer’s compliance obligations. This role will need to work cohesively with teams such as Legal and Regulatory Reform, to ensure effective and efficient compliance oversight.
- The successful candidate will engage with multiple stakeholders including executives, global colleagues, regulators, clients and Board members, this role will seek to build constructive working relationships and promote a strong risk and compliance culture within the organization.
- This role is a member of the Risk & Compliance Leadership Team and reports to the Head, Risk & Compliance, Pacific.
We will count on you to:
- Build and lead a compliance team, within the Risk & Compliance function, which inspires excellence and creates credibility and value
- Balance compliance considerations with business acumen and forward thinking
- Build strategic relationships with internal and external clients, regulators and other key stakeholders to enhance the reputation and integrity of Mercer within the market
- Consistently consider future challenges including succession and future-proofing the function
- Develop and maintain relationships with global compliance counterparts to facilitate a globally consistent approach, where appropriate.
- Take responsibility for all Mercer group regulatory compliance as well as the management and assessment of all breaches in relation to the licensable and other activities in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Confirm and maintain appropriate financial services and trustee licensing and authorizations of the Mercer Group and their employees and other representatives in relation to their business and other activities;
What you need to have:
- Significant experience at a management level in a similar role in a financial and/or professional services environment
- Able to understand the business issues and take a pragmatic risk based decision making approach
- Can lead strategically and tactically
- Leads by example, sets vision, and motivates a team.
- Broad understanding and knowledge of the superannuation and financial services industry
- Advanced communication skills with demonstrated ability to engage, build rapport, “carry the conversation” and present recommendations at the senior executive and board level
- Change management and agile working mindset
What makes you stand out:
- Advanced conflict resolution and business acumen skills
- Experience in superannuation and/or other financial services industry
- Understanding of and / or influence over relevant legislative and regulatory frameworks which impact service offerings and solutions
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Mercer builds brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 75,000 colleagues and annualized revenue approaching $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.