Helpline Super Adviser
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Company: MercerJob ID R_038456-en Apply
- Multiple roles available due to new client – CareSuper!!
- Exciting opportunity for a Superstar Phone Based Financial Adviser
- Make tomorrow, today by joining a growing, global Financial Services company
Due to significant business growth, a sensational new opportunity has arisen to join the market-leading Financial Advice team as a Helpline Super Adviser. The Financial Advice business unit provides advice over the phone, and in the workplace, and strategic advice to those who have more comprehensive financial needs. We service over 14,000 private clients and Mercer’s corporate, industry and public sector client base.
About the Role
As a Helpline Super Adviser you will be responsible for providing financial advice to Mercer’s Super Trust and member clients by developing strategies and plans that meet specific needs and circumstances. Other duties include:
- Providing of intra-fund, Superannuation advice to members of Super funds
- Nurturing client relationships by offering new and beneficial services to assist them achieve their financial goals
- Developing and implementing outbound calling campaigns to build client engagement and increase retention
- Preparing and issuing SOA documentation in a timely manner
- Developing new business opportunities from existing client base, or through referrals, as well as referring complex advice onto appropriate Strategic Advice teams
To be successful in this role you will need to be a passionate, self-motivated team player that thrives on challenges, loves to achieve sales targets, and able to consistently provide exceptional customer service. Guiding and supporting you will be experienced leaders who genuinely care about their people and providing quality outcomes for our members.
- Diploma & Advanced Diploma qualifications in Financial Planning and a Degree in a related field are essential
- Working towards a Certified Financial Planning qualification is desirable
- 2+ years proven experience in a phone based Financial Advice role
- Relevant Financial Advice competency with strong technical proficiency in savings, investments, superannuation, shares, property, margin lending, debt management, etc.
- Outstanding relationship management capabilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal abilities to work with a various stakeholders and client groups
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- High attention to detail and ability to provide tailored solutions
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
If you think you meet these requirements and you are inspired to join a dynamic and international organisation please direct applications to Simone Mancini using the link below. We look forward to your application letter and resume.
Please note should your resume be shortlisted, you will receive a link from HireVue to complete a digital video interview as part of the recruitment process.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal & Bankruptcy check prior to commencement of employment.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex (including intersex), marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.