Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Company: MarshJob ID R_045918-en Apply
- Global Leader - Insurance Broking and Risk Management
- Based in Melbourne
- Immediate start – Maximum term contract until April 2021
About the role
A fantastic OHS Consultant position currently exists within our Workforce Strategies (WFS) specialist practice in Melbourne. WFS is a dynamic practice driven by an impressive team of Consultants who specialise in the OHS, Workers’ Compensation insurance and injury / claims management field.
As an OHS Consultant you will be responsible for providing consulting and risk management services to Marsh clients and internal colleagues.
- Conducting client site visits, OHS support visits and site audits
- Contributing to the operation of the advisory service by responding to advisory calls and emails
- Providing coaching and mentoring to client stakeholders
- Developing and reviewing current client OHS management system
- Delivering OHS related training to stakeholders as required
Skills and experience
- A formal qualification in OHS and/or related disciplines is essential
- Ideally 2+ years of experience within Occupational Health & Safety
- A solid understanding of Occupational Health & Safety legislation
- An understanding of risk management principles and the ability to apply these principles in the management of OHS hazards
- An understanding of strategies to deliver positive mental health/wellbeing in the workplace would be highly regarded but not essential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for the purposes of interacting with colleagues and clients
- Attention to detail and quality management
- A current drivers license is required
This role will require travel within Victoria and occasional overnight stays.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. Marsh helps clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. Marsh’s approximately 30,000 colleagues work together to serve clients in more than 130 countries. Marsh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Kelly Gibbs by using the link provided.
Should your resume be shortlisted, you will receive a link from HireVue to complete a digital video interview as part of the recruitment process.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment.
Marsh is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.