Quality Assurance & Compliance Officer - General Insurance
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Secondary Locations: Sydney,New South Wales,Australia;
Company: MarshJob ID R_057600-en Apply
About the role
You will manage and deliver compliance and quality assurance activities for the Commercial, Consumer and Affinity practice including Authorised Representatives to ensure compliance with all legal and company requirements.
Key Responsibilities include:
General Insurance Brokers
- Work with business management, client facing colleagues and Authorised Representatives to emphasise the importance of Client First Principles and professional standards.
- Support the business in developing processes, procedures and tools to ensure quality and compliance in line with all legal and company requirements to achieve best practice.
- Ensure client facing colleague and Authorised Representative file review tools, templates and reporting are consistent and aligned with global file reviews/monitoring and reporting.
- Undertake file reviews to measure the compliance and quality of practices in line with Client First Principles and professional standards and to measure improvements and monitor the outcomes of remediation plans and activities.
- Provide support for business management to develop remediation plans to improve standards in line with Client First Principles, then implement and monitor those plans and their outcomes.
- Facilitate training and provide guidance to client facing colleagues and Authorised Representatives to achieve best practice.
- Provide detailed reporting to brokers, business management and Compliance and Governance forums as appropriate.
- Ensure maintenance of the centralised Client First Principles Action Plans and Peer Review records in the CFP SharePoint site.
- Enhance existing compliance processes that aim to ensure that Marsh’s compliance policies and procedures are complied with.
Skills and experience required:
- Ideally, 7 or more years of industry experience, you will have a Diploma or Degree in Financial Services (Insurance or Insurance Broking specialisations)
- Demonstrated experience within general insurance and or insurance broking is essential
- The successful candidate will be a hands-on individual who is capable of meeting deadlines and working well under pressure
- Solid customer service skills and experience, the ability to converse effectively at all levels while having a flexible approach to different situations
- Superior written and verbal skills, including experience and aptitude in report writing and oral presentation
Applicants with demonstrated experience who do not have these qualifications are encouraged to apply but must be willing to undertake further education to attain a Tier 1 Statement of Compliance in Insurance Broking practice.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. Marsh helps clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. Marsh’s approximately 35,000 colleagues work together to serve clients in more than 130 countries. Marsh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people.
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Parisa Holden by using the link provided.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment.
Marsh is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.