Senior Claims Advocacy Consultant
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Secondary Locations: Sydney,New South Wales,Australia;
Company: MercerJob ID R_047021-en Apply
About The Role:
As part of the Governance & Legal Consulting team, the Senior Claims Advocacy Consultant will be responsible for providing advice related to superannuation death and disability claims and associated project management. Reporting to the Senior Claims Advisory Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing claims advisory services to a range of external and internal clients with client management responsibilities for clients
- Working with existing assessors, determining and arranging medical examinations for claimants (self-insured)
- Assessing self-insured disability claims, analysis of insured disability claim decisions, and analysis of documentation relating to the distribution of death benefits
- Writing up detailed claim reports for the trustee and attending Trustee meetings for discussion of claims under review and determination
- Maintaining a working knowledge of relevant sections of legislation as related to claims assessment and reporting and dispute resolution
To be the ideal candidate for this position, you will need to have:
- a minimum of 5 – 7 years’ experience in a claims advisory role within the insurance or superannuation industry
- RG 146 Qualified is essential
- Tertiary qualification in Economics, Commerce, Business, Law or Allied Health is highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with attention to detail and accuracy is essential
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
If you think you meet these requirements and you are inspired to join a dynamic and international organization, we look forward to your application letter and resume.
Please note should your resume be shortlisted, you will receive a link from HireVue to complete a digital video interview as part of the recruitment process.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal & Bankruptcy check prior to commencement of employment.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex (including intersex), marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.