Senior Fund Accountant
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Company: MercerJob ID R_042168-en Apply
- Take on a New Challenge - 6mth Fixed-term Contract
- Excellent Opportunity to Hone Your Skills with an Industry Leader
- Make tomorrow, today by joining a growing, global Financial Services company
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Fund Accountant to join our Melbourne business to provide Fund Accounting Services to the Mercer Super Trust and stand-alone Superannuation entities on a 6 month Fixed-term Contract. As a Senior Accountant you will be a key contributor to the Fund Accounting team and have the capability to assist colleagues and manage team leader responsibilities.
About the Role
As a Senior Fund Accountant you will be responsible for the integrity of the accounting information ensuring the general ledgers accurately reflect the value of the assets and liabilities of the various Trusts administered by Mercer. Reporting responsibilities include timely preparation and review of financial accounts, APRA reporting, statutory reporting, tax, reconciliations & work papers, as well as responsibility for the oversight of accounting information prepared by external service providers for Mercer’s products. Other duties include:
- Assisting the Tax Manager in relation to tax related requirements
- Reviewing and coordinating of ad hoc payment requisitions for payments
- Completing and managing the Fund Accounting team M-Track (work flow management) jobs
- Preparing and reviewing of Insurance Premiums, monthly Income Activity Statements, BAS and monthly management reporting
- Managing responsibility for year-end financial reporting process including preparation of pro forma financial statements, preparation of discrete note disclosures as directed, liaising with audit personnel, and preparation and monitoring of annual year end timetable
To be successful in this role you will need to be self-motivated, highly adaptable and possess strong time management skills, you will also be a person who thrives on challenges, is able to work under pressure and is methodical in style. In turn you will be supported and mentored by experienced leaders who genuinely care about their people and client service delivery.
- CA/ CPA qualification is essential
- Exposure to the Superannuation/ and Financial Services industries is desired
- Financial Statement, APRA Reporting, year-end planning and audit liaison experience is required
- Capability to analyze detailed information and gain an understanding of systems use for calculations and reconciliations
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management abilities
- High attention to detail as well as advanced numerical, reconciliation and problem solving skills
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
If you think you meet these requirements and you are inspired to join a dynamic and international organisation please direct applications to Simone Mancini using the link below. We look forward to your application letter and resume.
Please note should your resume be shortlisted, you will receive a link from HireVue to complete a digital video interview as part of the recruitment process.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal & Bankruptcy check prior to commencement of employment.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex (including intersex), marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.