Senior Network Security Engineer
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_045589-en Apply
Senior Network Security Engineer
- An opportunity to work for a global market leader
- An exciting time to join MMC – you will gain exposure to a variety of projects and be part of a global team
- Based in Melbourne
About the role
The Senior Network Security Engineer role is responsible for ensuring the availability and efficient operations of the MMC network-related security infrastructure worldwide.
MMC is looking for talent that is incredibly skilled in *one or more* of the following:
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Cisco FirePower IPS/IDS
- Blue Coat Proxy
- PaloAlto Network Firewalls
- Zscaler Proxy
- F5 ASM
- FireEye NX, HX, EX
- AWS / Azure Security
- Change and configuration management of firewall policies, Tier III-IV incident troubleshooting, root cause analysis, problem and solution patching, capacity management and system upgrades to network security infrastructure
- Participating in Cyber Security Incident Response activities
- Security Operations is a crucial role within MMC
Skills and experience
- 5+ years of network security experience within large-scale operations
- One or more of the following: Cisco ASA, FirePower, Palo Alto, BlueCoat Proxy, Zscaler, F5 ASM and/or FireEye
- Expertise knowledge of TCP/IP and related protocols and with collecting and evaluating HTTPS & TCP/IP dumps using Wireshark, HTTPWatch, tcpdump, Fiddler, and similar tools
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and root cause analysis skills relating to security operations technologies
- Excellent verbal, written and collaborative interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux CLI
- Technical expertise combined with positive, collaborative, can do attitudes are required to make this team successful
- Administration of Blue Coat Proxy SG 250-430 certification
- Blue Coat Proxy Administrator or Professional (BCCPA or BCCPP) certification
- PaloAlto Networks PCNSE v8 certification
- FireEye HX & NX experience and certifications
- F5 Application Security Manager (ASM) expertise & Exam 303-BIG-IP ASM Specialist.
- Cisco ASA & Firepower with CCNA CyberOps, CCNA Security, and/or CCNP Security certifications
- Experience operating within AWS and Azure environments
- SANS/GIAC certifications
About Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company’s more than 60,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading firms. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Parisa Holden using the link provided.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment.
MMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.