Workplace Super Adviser
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Company: MercerJob ID R_050161-en Apply
- Take on a hybrid role that allows you to grow your Financial Advice career
- Dynamic, highly-motivated team seeking like-minded passionate colleague
- Make tomorrow, today by joining a growing, global Financial Services company
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join the market-leading Financial Advice team as a Workplace Super Adviser. Mercer’s Financial Advice business is an Australian market leader; we provide a comprehensive suite of personal Financial Advisory services and products across a range of channels, which includes advice on the phone, in the workplace and more strategic advice where clients have broader financial needs.
About the Role
Your primary purpose as a Workplace Super Adviser is to provide general and personal Superannuation Advice to Mercer Super Trust members in their workplace and over the phone. Other responsibilities will include:
- Providing personal advice that encourages members to take action regarding their Superannuation and documenting this with SOA’s
- Referring members with a need for ongoing advice to Strategic Financial Advisers
- Working with clients to promote Financial Advice in the workplace and implementing Corporate Workplace Programs
- Staying abreast of what interests members and where there are opportunities to update and review seminar and advice material to further engage members and secure client focused advice results
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and opportunities to engage members and promote advice model
- Working with Client Service Managers and Relationship Managers on account planning to identify client needs for workplace services and then implement strategies to engage employees and Super members
To be successful in this role you will need to be a passionate, self-motivated team player that thrives on challenges, loves to achieve targets, and able to consistently provide exceptional customer service. Guiding and supporting you will be experienced leaders who genuinely care about their people and providing quality outcomes for our members.
- Diploma & Advanced Diploma qualifications in Financial Planning and a Degree in a related field are essential
- Working towards a Certified Financial Planning qualification is desirable
- 2+ years proven experience in a phone based Financial Advice role
- Relevant Financial Advice competency with strong technical proficiency in savings, investments, superannuation, shares, property, margin lending, debt management, etc.
- Outstanding relationship management capabilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal abilities
- Strong presentation skills and previous experience presenting to a variety of client groups and stakeholders
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- High attention to detail and ability to provide tailored solutions
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
If you think you meet these requirements and you are inspired to join a dynamic and international organisation please direct applications to Simone Mancini using the link below. We look forward to your application letter and resume.
Please note should your resume be shortlisted, you will receive a link from HireVue to complete a digital video interview as part of the recruitment process.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal & Bankruptcy check prior to commencement of employment.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex (including intersex), marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.