Mexico City - Financial Services - Associate / Engagement Manager
Location: Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Secondary Locations: Bogota,Colombia;
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_056772-en Apply
Oliver Wyman is a leading global management consulting firm. We combine deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. We work alongside our clients to develop practical solutions that deliver real impact. With more than 50 offices in 26 countries, we have the reach to meet our clients’ needs anywhere in the world. The firm's 4,000+ professionals collaborate with clients in industry sectors and regions of the world where our distinctive approach allows us to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges and transform their businesses. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Oliver Wyman is unique in that our associates focus within a practice group, bringing our clients relevant expertise throughout the project team. We are hiring strategy consultants directly into the Financial Services practice in Mexico City.
Oliver Wyman's Financial Services practice helps the world's leading financial institutions address their most significant challenges to shape the future of the industry. We have an unparalleled understanding of the evolving market structures, economics, and strategic and regulatory trends across all segments of the financial services sector. Our distinct approach is characterized by deep specialization and rigorous fact-based analysis.
We are searching for highly qualified Associate candidates, for strategy consulting roles working broadly across the below financial services practice areas:
- Corporate & Institutional Banking
- Finance & Risk
- Wealth & Asset Management
- Retail & Business Banking
- Public Policy
Across practice areas we work with C-suite and senior executives and management teams. Learn more about our functions and expertise at http://www.oliverwyman.com/what-we-do.html. The Associate position offers excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with relevant prior experience. Your initial responsibilities will include:
- Managing the execution of individual project modules; developing hypotheses and analyses, conducting primary and secondary research, and surfacing insights.
- Supporting our Partner group in project delivery through accurate and high quality project execution
- Owning and developing executive client relationships and presenting to a wide range of audiences
- Management of junior team; effectively providing leverage for the senior project staff
Desired Skills and Experience
Associates are a primary contact point for senior client executives and Oliver Wyman consultants staffed on client engagements. The ideal candidate will have the following:
Minimum of four years full time experience in consulting, or project-based, team-oriented environments within industry
- Track record of leading and managing teams and delivering against tight deadlines in fast paced and demanding environments
- Strong background in conceptual problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to apply depth of content knowledge for thought leadership in project execution, and to develop new intellectual capital to support business development activities
- Outstanding communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
- Willingness to travel
- Native or business English language fluency