QA Testing Analyst
Location: Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_053489-en Apply
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 4700+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman’s thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
Oliver Wyman is looking to hire a QA tester to support the multiple initiatives within our firm. This role will work closely with Project Managers, Technical Leads, and Developers to preventing critical defect leakage to production.
Our Quality Assurance Tester will create test cases, plan their execution and perform the testing activities of internal IT systems and software applications. Our Tester will need a proactive approach to never let anything slip by and not be afraid to get their hands dirty. Must perform the role and responsibilities with a high level of integrity, ethics and commitment to service excellence.
**PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES IN ENGLISH**
- Ability to document user requirements, if needed, to ensure business scenarios and processes are incorporated into testing strategies for providing optimal results
- Full test lifecycle oversight including designing, documenting and executing test scripts with a goal of uncovering potential defects and preventing defect leakage into production
- Manage defect tracking and reporting and ensure proper re-testing of all defects
- Responsible for maintaining requirements traceability matrix, generating defect logs and reports for management
- Involved with continuous improvement of the test processes and provide ways to automate and optimize testing cycles
- Establish standards and best practices
- Research and participate in training and stay current on technology and testing tools
- Participates in cross-functional discussions to review the impact of application changes from both internal and external interfaces on the quality of their applications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance tester, with a specialization in testing tools
- Extensive years of experience in writing/reviewing requirements, developing test plans, test Cases and script development
- Functional UNIX and Windows experience (including scripting and automation) required
- ENGLISH FLUENCY A MUST
- Detailed understanding of development lifecycle and quality assurance phases
- Experience with functional, integration, regression, and load testing
- Experience working in with globally available infrastructure services based on third party "cloud" providers and corporate data centers
- Basic understanding of application architecture in order to identify quality issues related to design or distribution of application components
Skills & Attributes:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation especially since this role requires influencing stakeholders and partners
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of technical, functional and management staff
- Influential in the organization and a team player.
- Highly supportive of the business and of its ideals and strategies.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to manage time and workload independently