Location: Miami, Florida, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_051826-en Apply
Established as one of the premier insurance agencies in the USA, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is meeting the needs of mid-sized businesses across the country. MMA’s services are targeted to customers who seek professional advice on program structure, market knowledge, experience and expertise in their industry, along with local resources and service professionals.
MMA provides global risk management, risk consulting, insurance brokerage, alternative risk financing, and program management services for businesses, public entities, associations, professional services organizations, and private clients. We offer specialized products and services covering a wide spectrum of risks.
As an MMA associate, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation
- Entrepreneurial leadership
- Unmatched, scalable resources
- International platforms tailored at the local level
- Focused practice groups/industry verticals
- Belief in the power of strong carrier partnerships
- A firm that is committed to core values
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for general accounting functions such as preparing journal entries, maintaining schedules and account reconciliations.
- Process cash receipts for the Florida region through a lockbox system.
- Follow-up with the operations departments of multiple location to apply deposits not billed in accounting software.
- Prepare month end unapplied cash and other reports for multiple locations using excel.
- Work closely with the accounting department to apply financed transactions on a timely basis.
- Prepare ad hoc reports.
- Associate’s degree with 4 years of Accounting experience or Bachelor's degree with 2 years of Accounting experience
- Knowledge of the insurance agency industry preferred
- Knowledge of Sagitta software preferred
- Must have experience working with large volume transactions
- Must be proficient in MS Excel
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of employees
- Must be capable of working unsupervised
2011, 2013, 2015 BEST PLACES TO WORK - South Florida Business Journal
2012 HEALTHIEST EMPLOYERS - South Florida Business Journal
2011 TOP INSURANCE FIRMS IN SOUTH FLORIDA - Business Leader Magazine
2009, 2011, 2015 SOUTH FLORIDA WORKSITE WELLNESS AWARD
2016, 2018 AMERICA’s BEST LARGE EMPLOYERS - Forbes