Location: Miami, Florida, United States
Company: Guy CarpenterJob ID R_034131-en Apply
Job Profile Description
- Assists in basic quantitative analysis projects under the guidance of senior project team members in order to calculate risk exposure and potential loss that may occur due to natural and man-made catastrophes.
- Gathers, organizes and reviews raw exposure data from the client for accuracy and validity, and to identify abnormalities (such as negative premiums, abnormal construction types, or deductible overages).
- Performs basic analyses using existing catastrophe risk models to extract data sets that can be used to calculate the client’s risk exposure.
- Assists senior project team members in preparing and formatting summaries, presentations and reports in order to summarize potential risk and loss results for the client.
- Researches and summarizes industry publications and scientific papers of specific or regional perils in order to provide additional sources of information used for analyses and client reports.
Additional Job Description
- Collects, validates and analyzes catastrophe exposure and hazard data from clients to forecast losses using both commercial catastrophe models as well as scientific judgement and methods developed internally, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Gathers, understands and interprets scientific, meteorological and/or earthquake related data to test catastrophic models. Work closely with our cat risk studio team
- Analyzes and interprets changes in exposure and the associated impact of catastrophe model results for clients using CAT modeling tools.
- Prepares, edits, and delivers client deliverables to present the results of catastrophe modeling analyses.
- Monitors and analyzes organization product lines and industry conditions to identify significant considerations that insurers should address in designing reinsurance programs.
- Collects data of interest to property underwriting and incorporates that data into spatial visualizations in client facing tools as well as implements that data into individual account underwriting and profitability analytics.
- Assists clients in responding to rating agency and regulatory requests for information.
- Acts as partner to clients for understanding, quantifying, visualizing and managing risk.
- Bachelor’s Degree in data science, computer science or related quantitative field such as applied mathematics, statistics, engineering or operations research.
- Fluent in Spanish – written and oral required
- Scientific background in meteorology and/or earthquake preferred.
- Proactive mindset; a desire and ability to lead internal initiatives and research projects to completion.
- Prior experience in relevant insurance / reinsurance field performing analytic analysis or experience in building model/software product for financial/insurance business preferred
- Prefer 2 to 3 years of experience in a technical related role at a reinsurance broker, sophisticated re/insurer or may have gained experience at a leading catastrophe model software vendor.
- An understanding of the reinsurance industry and product lines preferred
- Technical expertise working with AIR and RMS catastrophe models preferred
- Superior data management skills. This individual must have the ability to manipulate, interpret, and extrapolate complex data.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. An ability to translate complex technical analysis and concepts into easily understandable terms for brokers and clients.
- Superior analytical, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- A collaborative, team-oriented individual.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients’ most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers