Employee Benefits Account Manager
Location: Miami, Florida, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_080001-en Apply
Established as one of the premier insurance agencies in the USA, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is meeting the needs of mid-sized businesses across the country. MMA’s services are targeted to customers who seek professional advice on program structure, market knowledge, experience and expertise in their industry, along with local resources and service professionals.
MMA provides global risk management, risk consulting, insurance brokerage, alternative risk financing, and program management services for businesses, public entities, associations, professional services organizations, and private clients. We offer specialized products and services covering a wide spectrum of risks.
As an MMA associate, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation
- Entrepreneurial leadership
- Unmatched, scalable resources
- International platforms tailored at the local level
- Focused practice groups/industry verticals
- Belief in the power of strong carrier partnerships
- A firm that is committed to core values
Excellent opportunity for someone with a couple years of Employee Benefits Experience to partner with a top performing team to provide assistance on the following items and be positioned for upward mobility.
- Works at the direction and under guidance of the Account Manager (AM), Account Executive (AE) and/or Producer.
- Day-to-day client service including claim resolution, billing and eligibility issues.
- Prepares and sends RFP to market including census, benefits and rate data, and claims experience if applicable. Provides first review of RFP responses to ensure requested items were received.
- Prepares client spreadsheets/proposal for all lines of coverage (Strong Excel skills a must):
- Benefits comparison
- Rate comparison
- Other sections as needed
- Organizes responses and presents them to AM, AE and/or Producer for review.
- Prepares client presentations to include developing meeting agendas, copying and binding (Strong PowerPoint skills a must).
- Leverages resources to ensure all info is captured in our Agency Management System
- Assists with implementation projects as needed.
- Open enrollment (together with AM and/or AE, preparation & coordination):
- Carrier forms
- Enrollment meetings – conducts as needed
- Leverages Career Path Growth Opportunities via an enhanced training program with a commitment to stay up to date with current benefit trends, regulations, etc.
- Special projects as directed.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-15 License required within 90 days of hire
- At least 2 years of experience in Employee Benefits (agency or carrier)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish highly preferred
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office skills
- Project Management, Customer Service, Abstract Reasoning, Ownership and Creativity skills required
2015, 2013, 2011 BEST PLACES TO WORK - South Florida Business Journal
2012 HEALTHIEST EMPLOYERS - South Florida Business Journal
2011 TOP INSURANCE FIRMS IN SOUTH FLORIDA - Business Leader Magazine
2015, 2011, 2009 SOUTH FLORIDA WORKSITE WELLNESS AWARD
2018, 2016 AMERICA’s BEST LARGE EMPLOYERS - Forbes
2016 AHA Fit Friendly
2019, 2017, 2016 SOUTH FLORIDA’S TOP WORKPLACES – Sun Sentinel
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.