Head of Broking
Location: Miami, Florida, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_084346-en Apply
Carpenter Marsh Fac is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Miami office:
Head of Broking – Cedant Department
What can you expect?
As Head of Broking, you will work directly with the Marsh and Guy Carpenter Leadership teams to build, and execute on, the growth strategy for the Caribbean and Central American markets. In addition, you will:
- Have a direct impact on making Marsh Carpenter Fac Latin America’s foremost facultative reinsurance intermediary.
- Manage a high-performing team that delivers deeply specialized expertise across various areas of insurable risk.
- Leverage your relationships to promote Marsh Carpenter Fac’s presence in the Caribbean and Central American markets.
- Be a part of an organization that leverages market-leading data capabilities and expanding insurance market relationships to better serve clients.
What is in it for you?
- A company with a strong Brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business.
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Generous Parental Leave and Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
We will count on you to:
- Administer, mentor and oversee performance management for the department. Coordinate workload of team members and ensure team is appropriately staffed to meet client needs.
- Instruct placement strategy by utilizing risk expertise and knowledge of industry and carriers to develop placement solutions (specifically cedant facultative placements) that meet complex client needs.
- Develop methods for the go-to-market strategy and provide input on pricing of services supporting client retention and new business production.
- Guide strong working relations with carriers and or underwriters to create innovative approaches to unique client needs and provide cohesive client service.
- Audit and finalize commission structure with underwriter in accordance with client direction and agreement.
- Achieve a thorough understanding of changing insurance and risk market conditions and inform client teams, clients and carriers of major developments affecting various types of coverage.
- Apply advanced knowledge to the firm’s product lines by active participation in internal networks.
- Devise new products and innovative solutions that address complex client needs.
What you need to have:
- Deep understanding of Facultative, Cedant and Treaty Reinsurance
- 10+ years progressive leadership experience in Broking and/or Underwriting
- Ability to conduct business in English and Spanish
- Unrestricted ability to travel
What makes you stand out:
- Strong knowledge of Caribbean and Central America risks
- Deep relationships with local carriers in the territory
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world.To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration.Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.