Analyst II - Reinsurance Actuaries
Location: Milan, Milano, Italy
Company: Guy CarpenterJob ID R_056336-en Apply
POSITION: Guy Carpenter Actuarial Analyst
WHO WE ARE
Guy Carpenter is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, with over 90-years of history providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth.
Guy Carpenter is the world’s premier strategic advisor to leading insurance and reinsurance organizations, delivering integrated solutions through its industry-leading analytics and advisory services, highly specialized product knowledge and trading relationships with reinsurance markets around the world. Headquartered in New York City, Guy Carpenter has more than 2,300 employees in more than 50 locations worldwide.
THE POSITION: Actuarial Analyst – MILANO (Italy)
Guy Carpenter's Analytics unit has an unparalleled ability to help clients achieve a deeper, broader understanding of their risks. Our GC Analytics professionals apply a wide range of advanced modeling techniques - from sophisticated experience and exposure rating to advanced risk and simulation modeling. To learn more about Guy Carpenter’s Analytics practice please visit GC's Analytics Unit
WHAT WE VALUE
- Excellent analytical aptitude with advanced problem solving skills and financial aptitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining excellent client relationships
- Excellent verbal/writing skills for complex communications with clients, markets and GC colleagues
- Strong ability to be organized, prioritize workload, and pay attention to detail
- Strong academic record in major and summer internship or other work experience.
- Strong programming/scripting skills (languages such as VBA, R, Python, SQL, C++, SAS, Matlab).
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint),
- General knowledge of business principles and reinsurance industry trends.
- Languages: Italian (Native or proficient), English. Any additional language is an advantage.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- Being part of an organization of innovators in the transfer of risk, actuarial science, and analytics
- A career path that balances an extraordinary degree of collaboration with remarkable entrepreneurial latitude
- Excellent growth, mobility and advancement opportunities
- Permanent job, full time employment
A TYPICAL DAY MAY INCLUDE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
- Interpret and analyze client underwriting information to assist brokers in marketing an evaluating reinsurance programs.
- Design, price and evaluate reinsurance structures from an actuarial perspective.
- Examine alternative forms of risk financing.
- Determine the actuarial appraisal value of an insurance company as part of a merger and acquisition transaction
- Assist in responding to client queries and concerns, resolving issues promptly.
- Update Actuaries on issues, progress, etc., regularly and upon request.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal & external clients.
- A bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Engineering s or a related analytical or quantitative field
- Work experience in P&C actuarial is a plus.
- Knowledge of (re)insurance sector is an advantage.
At Guy Carpenter, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our employees with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. If you thrive on a challenge and enjoy connecting with people, we’re looking for you!
Guy Carpenter is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 60,000 employees’ worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $10 billion, MMC provides analysis and advice to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges