Senior Service Desk Technical Support Analyst
Location: Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_041122-en Apply
A number of exciting opportunities have arisen for IT Service Desk Analysts to provide technical support within the Service Management Department of Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) Corporate in Milton Keynes.
The MMC Service Desk has been ranked one of the top service desks by the Help Desk Institute (HDI) as well as Service Desk Institute (SDI). In 2018 our Service Desk took home the HDI People's Choice Industry Award after winning the popular vote among all HDI members.
The experts on the MMC Service Desk are well known and respected amongst our 65,000 and growing business colleagues.
The Service Desk Analyst role at Marsh & McLennan Companies supports colleagues of all levels, in all of our companies, in every region of the world on a 24x7x365 basis.
Being the first point of contact for any technology-related process, application or device, you will be providing first-level technical phone, Live Chat and email support by diagnosing, reporting and resolving or correcting hardware and software problems.
You will manage all aspects of the installing, maintaining and troubleshooting software and remotely triaging desktop related hardware issues according to company standards.
This will require monitoring and escalating issues until resolution, closure or handoff to specialized support teams.
- Provides Service Desk Support by supporting users in diagnosing, reporting and resolving or correcting hardware and software problems.
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots software and remotely triaging desktop related hardware issues according to company standards
- Logs all issues with appropriate documentation as requested
- Route calls to appropriate support teams as per described troubleshooting steps
- Monitor and escalate issues until resolution, closure or handoff to the appropriate support group Maintain current knowledge of support knowledge provided through training and the Knowledge Base
Skills and Experience
- This position will require the successful individual to provide technical support to users based in our European, Middle-Eastern and African territories, therefore the shift pattern will be between Monday – Friday, between 7am and 5.30pm.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent is desired
- Experience of working within a similar capacity for a Service Desk / Technical Help Desk.
- Technical Troubleshooting experience.
- Familiar with a variety of the IT support concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Will be required to simultaneously manage multiple support requests.
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) is a global network of experts in risk, strategy and people. With roots dating back to 1871, MMC’s businesses have been helping clients prosper amid changing times, from the Industrial Revolution to the digital age.
Our strength is our expertise and the relationships we build – powerful industry insight and total commitment to our clients and the communities we serve across the UK. And our purpose is simple: helping businesses and individuals thrive through understanding.
MMC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.