Senior Service Desk Technical Support Analyst
Location: Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_080403-en Apply
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT Service Desk Analyst to provide technical support within the Distributed Operations Department of Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate in Milton Keynes.
The Service Desk Analyst role at Marsh & McLennan Companies affects colleagues of all levels, in all of our companies, in every region of the world.
Being the first point of contact on any technology-related process, application or device, you will be providing first-level technical phone support by diagnosing, reporting and resolving or correcting hardware and software problems.
You will manage all aspects of the Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting hardware and software according to company standards – reconfiguring existing systems or performing system upgrades as required.
This will require monitoring and escalating issues until resolution, closure or handoff to a specialized support team.
- Provides Service Desk Support by supporting users in diagnosing, reporting and resolving or correcting hardware and software problems.
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots hardware and software according to company standards – reconfigures existing systems and/or performs system upgrades as required
- Logs all issues with appropriate documentation as requested
- Route calls to appropriate support teams as per described troubleshooting steps
- Monitor and escalate issues until resolution, closure or the appropriate group has accepted
- Maintain current knowledge of support knowledge provided through training and the Knowledge Base
Skills and Experience
- This position will require the successful individual to provide technical support to users based in our European, Middle-Eastern and African territories, therefore the shift pattern will be between Monday – Friday, between 7am and 5.30pm.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent is desired
- Experience of working within a similar capacity for a Service Desk / Call Centre.
- Technical Troubleshooting experience.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) is a global network of experts in risk, strategy and people. With roots dating back to 1871, MMC’s businesses have been helping clients prosper amid changing times, from the Industrial Revolution to the digital age.
Our strength is our expertise and the relationships we build – powerful industry insight and total commitment to our clients and the communities we serve across the UK. And our purpose is simple: helping businesses and individuals thrive through understanding.
MMC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.