Employee Health & Benefits Compliance Officer
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Secondary Locations: New York,New York,United States;Chicago,Illinois,United States;Atlanta,Georgia,United States;Dallas,Texas,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_080476-en Apply
Marsh and McLennan is recruiting for a proven Compliance Officer to support the Marsh and McLennan Agency Employee Health and Benefits $1.7 billion businesses who will be based at any one of our largestMMA office nationally.
What can you expect?
- Identify and assess risk and compliance issues in MMA’s Employee Health and Benefits (EH&B) businesses.
- Design programs to mitigate undue risk, while assisting the business in the prevention of illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Function as a subject matter expert in the Employee Health and Benefit space including knowledge of ERISA and ACA.
- Responsible for compliance and transparency training, implementation, enforcement and achievement of Risk & Compliance Department goals in MMA’s employee health and benefits businesses and partner with senior operational leadership to achieve these results.
- Identify risk in MMA’s employee health and benefits businesses and work with the business to manage those risks intelligently, including the implementation and monitoring of MMA’s best practices and standards.
What’s in it for you?
- As part of MMC, we offer top-notch benefits: multiple medical, dental, and vision plans with choices to fit all needs and budgets with benefits coverage starting Day 1.
- Actively participate on appropriate leadership, and/or operating committees, to ensure the Risk & Compliance function is integrated with business operations, while providing advice and support to senior operational leadership on the status of compliance, transparency, and overall professional liability performance of colleagues in MMA’s Employee Health and Benefits business.
- Be a part of a collaborative team in a role that provides visibility and room for growth.
- The opportunity to travel nationally approximately 20-25% of the time
We will count on you to:
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8 years of insurance industry experience, MBA or other applicable post-graduate degree
- Have experience working for a licensed insurance producer for health and benefits or willing to obtain the license
- Have hands-on compliance experience
What makes you stand out:
- Is a self-starter, who can work independently, while also knowing when to work in collaboration with colleagues, managers and the business.
- The ability to manage projects to completion.
- Aptitude and attitude for Compliance, ethical behavior and avoiding conflicts of interest demonstrated by personal integrity and accountability.
- The ability to advance a culture of integrity and excellence.
- Consistently maintain effective compliance and risk management programs while promoting high standards.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner. Although we are not integrating the businesses with Marsh, we are able to leverage the value of our respective capabilities and intellectual capital in those instances where there is a compelling case for collaboration between MMA and Marsh. Mid-size companies need a partner they can trust and that can provide additional tools for opportunity and growth. We strive every day to service those needs. We successfully bridge the gap between what the “big firms” offer and the advice, solutions, and programs that smaller businesses require.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.