Investment Management Specialist
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_053388-en Apply
We are looking for an Entry Level Operations Support Specialist who will work closely with the Institutional Consulting team, clients, investment managers, and custodians/banks/brokers to facilitate the implementation of investment recommendations in client portfolios and assist clients and consultants with day-to-day portfolio administration.
- Support of traditional investment consulting (non-discretionary) relationships, implemented consulting mandates (Delegated Solutions), direct alternatives programs, and DC retirement programs.
- Build and solidify relationships with our consulting and delegated clients, custodians, record keepers, and investment managers.
- Work with consultants and client staff to ensure advice for traditional investment consulting (non-discretionary) portfolios is implemented properly.
- Assist with completing subscription agreements for both traditional and alternative investment managers.
- Assist with establishing custodial relationships and record-keeper relationships.
- Assist with portfolio rebalancing.
- Coordinate wire transfers.
- Coordinate capital calls and distributions for client private equity investments.
- Assist with private equity investment reconciliation
- Identify correct share class or investment vehicle to purchase for client accounts.
- Provide client audit support.
- Assist with transition management activities.
- Other client support activities as required.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the consulting team, and the services we provide to clients.
This position requires...
- A Bachelor's in Finance or Economics Degree.
- Extensive knowledge of all operational aspects of portfolio implementation
including both traditional investments (mutual funds, commingled funds, ETF’s)
and alternative investments (hedge funds, private equity and real asset partnerships,
using both direct and fund-of-funds structures).