Actuarial Associate, Wealth - Consulting and Analytical Services
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Company: MercerJob ID R_052947-en Apply
WHO WE ARE
The Wealth Consulting Business brings together our Retirement and Investment consulting businesses to help develop holistic and integrated solutions to financial wellness. The Wealth Analytical Services (WAS) is a global team delivering exceptional analytical services across Wealth solutions that make a difference in our consultants, our clients and their members lives. We use our analytical skills to promote a higher level of consistency, quality and efficiency.
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Strong analytical skills and working knowledge of Excel and others MS-Office software programs
- Proven project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Bilingualism (English/French)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees.
- Be part of our great training and development programs, including our actuarial education program
- Opportunity to work with the best tools, resources and some of the smartest people in the industry
- Be part of a work environment that promotes social connection and work-life flexibility
- Be provided opportunities to personalize your role and career
- Be rewarded for your achievements
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE:
- Delegate and review analysis and client work. Act as technical checker for client projects
- Direct the work of employees in a team and/or coach/mentor others
- Create project work plans and monitor timelines and budgets
- Perform retirement and post-retirement benefits actuarial valuation including validation of data, analysis of the plan’s gains and losses, analysis of the plan’s asset performance, and preparation of the valuation report and related forms
- Production of year-end accounting disclosure and projection of expenses for plans under various financial reporting standards including IFRS, CPA and FAS
- Complete benefit calculations, review plan documents, produce employee benefit statements and prepare annual government forms
- Participation in the design and pricing of client’s employee pension plans and executive pension benefits, including cash flow modelling, demographic projections and evaluation of liabilities within an asset-liability framework
- Production of various experience studies to refine demographic and financial assumptions used in actuarial valuations
- Designing and implementing strategies to manage defined benefit pension plan volatility, including funding strategy, plan design and risk transfer solutions
- Work in an integrated team of professionals from different offices to resolve modern actuarial problems in the Canadian pension landscape, including union negotiations, risk transfer and public policy
- A bachelor's degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, finance, administration or a related field
- 3+ years pension-related work experience preferably in a consulting environment
At Mercer, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our employees with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. If you thrive on a challenge and enjoy connecting with people, we’re looking for you!
Please provide a cover letter, your resume and your most recent transcript, via our website at www.mercer.ca (Careers Section). We will review application submissions and you will be contacted if you are selected for an interview.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 65,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $14 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.