Billing Specialist - Montreal
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Company: MercerJob ID R_051381-en Apply
Mercer is a global consulting leader helping clients around the world advance the health, wealth and careers of their most vital asset – their people.
Why join our Multinational Client Group team?
You are looking to:
- Join a small, dynamic and close-knit team
- Benefit from the daily support of your managers and colleagues
- Participate in the success of a growing team
- Interact with colleagues around the world
- Work with global HR experts
- Numerous professional development opportunities (e.g., language courses, virtual festival for administrative assistants, training)
- Competitive compensation and employee benefits (e.g., pension plan, health benefits, life and disability insurance)
- Possibility of a flexible work schedule
As a Billing Specialist, you will join a team of approximately 100 Multinational Client Group consultants in North America. You will be based in Montreal and work with teams primarily in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Chicago and San Francisco.
- Provide client invoicing and Consultant time keeping support via:
- Accurate client account/project code set-up
- Development of draft invoices and cover letters
- Correct application of caveats
- Discipline to ensure timely and accurate invoicing of clients
- Assist with FLASH on a timely and accurate basis. Generate WebCAS reports and distribute to client teams for verification of hours and description of services
- Assist with set up WebCAS Codes and liaise with WebCAS administrator (find out what the client assignments will be, initiate codes in WebCAS, add codes to pick list as needed, etc). Advise consultants of LOB/PSC codes to use
- Serve as liaison to office CDA/Unit Finance
- Work with client team to provide description of services performed.
- Maintain client billing spreadsheets as necessary
- Act as local conversion expert (LCE) via:
- Tracking relevant EL/SOW/Project/Policy via:
- Creating/running reports
- Researching agreements in MATS to include follow-up with consultants
- Maintain master document and monthly email/updates
- Maintain EL/SOW agreements in file and network
- Create/renew/validate account/project codes in WebCAS in a timely manner and collect necessary documentation from consultants
- Return or transfer all unapplied commissions that do not belong to office
- College or bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1 year’ experience; account payable / receivable, financial analysis or accounting background (internships included);
- Experience in professional services environment preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with experience in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Organizational, time management, execution and tracking skills
- Can work autonomously
- Quantitative aptitudes
- Strong communications skills –advanced written and spoken English are required, intermediate spoken French is required
Our company culture
Our fundamental values unite us as a firm — across offices and geographies, businesses and solutions, generations and cultures. More than 28,000 companies and their employees around the world thrive by engaging with Mercer because we believe:
- People are at the heart of everything. They drive our innovation, our solutions, and our passions.
- The future is made in the actions we take today. Together, we have the power to create healthier, happier, and more rewarding tomorrows.
This purpose unites our colleagues around the world, and these principles reflect our commitment to the individuals and families whose lives we impact every day.
Learn more about our company: https://www.mercer.ca/en/mercer-careers/why-we-come-to-work.html
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).