Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Company: MarshJob ID R_043541-en Apply
The Administrative Assistant will support a group of managers by providing an in-depth knowledge of administrative procedures and tools required. To fulfill the role, the Administrative Assistant:
- Undertakes general administrative duties with specific projects as required.
- Maintains department and branch information by developing filing systems and procedures, and updates and purges files.
- Maintains office operations by assigning priorities, establishing office supply inventory levels, troubleshooting equipment malfunctions, and evaluating new systems and equipment. Maintains continuity of administrative work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions to management; discovering irregularities; determining continuing needs.
- Manages managers(s) calendar; schedules meetings, resolves scheduling conflicts, organizes department social functions, and arranges travel for managers to optimize work performance.
- Manages expense reimbursement for manager(s) and clients. Processes and/or coordinates completion of expense reports in a timely manner.
- Coordinates production of documents using available resources. Provides peer review of documents before final production/distribution to ensure quality control of final product.
- Edits and creates documents using PowerPoint, Excel & Word while ensuring all documents produced adhere to Marsh’s global identity/document standards.
- Adheres to best practices and expense control (i.e. travel rates, office supplies, catering, vendors, etc.).
- Assists team with a variety of administrative tasks as assigned. Provides back-up AA support within the branch.
- Collects and interprets data, entering data, designing new formats for department use, and maintaining database information. Improves administrative job knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Provides training and assistance to other administrative staff in the branch to ensure deadlines are met.
- Assists with new colleague onboarding
- Coordinates CHAD presentation and trainer accreditation
- Leads the UFC committee
- Manages broker licensing in Quebec with the AMF
- High School Diploma required; AA Degree or BA Degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of administrative assistant experience, preferably in an insurance environment or professional service industry.
- Bilingual spoken and written essential (English, French)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with demonstrated expertise in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Capacity to learn new softwares.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, business communication and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, and work efficiently against deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic project management skills.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.