International Pension and Benefit Administrator
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Company: MercerJob ID R_054621-en Apply
Mercer is a global consulting leader helping clients around the world advance the health, wealth and careers of their most vital asset – their people.
Why join the Multinational Client Group?
You are looking to:
- Join a small, dynamic and close-knit team
- Benefit from the daily support of your managers and colleagues
- Participate in the success of a growing team
- Interact with colleagues around the world
- Work with global HR experts
- Numerous professional development opportunities (e.g., language courses, training, international exposure)
- Competitive compensation and employee benefits (e.g., pension plan, health benefits, life and disability insurance)
- Possibility of a flexible work schedule
The International Pension and Benefit Administrator works in a team environment as part of Mercer’s Multinational Client Group. The successful candidate will be part of a team of consultants and analysts to provide high quality administration services to a portfolio of global clients, demonstrating outstanding and timely customer service in all dealings with client contacts and plan participants. The main responsibilities are:
- Manage client mailboxes, phone lines and project trackers;
- Act as primary contact for clients, plan participants, and international providers;
- Responsible for ensuring tickets are progressing towards resolution through follow ups and periodic calls; and
- Responsible for completing administration services on time.
Administration – Qualitative
- Process enrollments, updates, and terminations and update client databases;
- Review enrollment, invoicing, and payment processes;
- Ensure process and plan documentation are adhered to, kept up-to-date and improved;
- Service high profile executive plan participants with care; and
- Troubleshoot issues.
Administration – Quantitative
- Responsible for spreadsheets and tools;
- Calculate pensions and benefits and prepare statements resulting from various events (termination of employment, retirement, death, etc.) according to relevant plan provisions, laws, and administrative procedures;
- Calculate periodic payroll deductions and prepare invoices for benefit providers;
- Reconciliation of bank accounts, payroll deductions, invoices, census listings, asset allocations, etc.;
- From time to time be involved in special projects such as plan terminations, early-retirement programs, pension indexation, implementation of new plan provisions, etc.;
- 2 to 5 years of work experience in the administration of pension plans;
- Completed bachelor's degree in a related field;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel and Word;
- Organizational, time management, execution and tracking skills;
- Can work autonomously with a strong work ethic;
- Quantitative aptitudes and technical accuracy;
- Strong communications skills –advanced written and spoken English are required, intermediate spoken French is required;
Our company culture
Our fundamental values unite us as a firm — across offices and geographies, businesses and solutions, generations and cultures. More than 28,000 companies and their employees around the world thrive by engaging with Mercer because we believe:
- People are at the heart of everything. They drive our innovation, our solutions, and our passions.
- The future is made in the actions we take today. Together, we have the power to create healthier, happier, and more rewarding tomorrows.
This purpose unites our colleagues around the world, and these principles reflect our commitment to the individuals and families whose lives we impact every day.
Learn more about our company: https://www.mercer.ca/en/mercer-careers/why-we-come-to-work.html
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).