Private Wealth Associate
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Company: MercerJob ID R_049955-en Apply
Our Private Wealth group is dedicated to providing the highest caliber of service and in-depth strategies specifically targeted to the distinct needs of clients. A fantastic opportunity exists in this fast growing business for an Associate I - Client Advisory. This role will be responsible for supporting the client servicing and acquisition activities of Private Wealth Counselors.
- Preparation, delivery and presentation of comprehensive proposals for investment advisory and implementation services to private clients as well as small institutions.
- Support the Private Wealth Counselors in the preparation, maintenance and delivery of a client service program designed to assess and meet the needs of a specified group of clients.
- Facilitate the client acquisition process by preparing and supporting the execution of account opening documentation packages.
- Gather the information necessary to facilitate the development of an Investment Policy Statement and a Transition and Implementation Plan for each client portfolio.
- Support the process of new portfolio implementation from account inception through to implementation. This may include:
- Reviewing questionnaires.
- Preparing proposals.
- Assisting in the development of asset allocation strategies.
- Preparing implementation reports and presenting to clients.
- Follow-up on delinquent implementations/transfers.
- Receive and respond to client inquiries and issues.
- Support client requirements for withdrawals, deposits, objectives changes, additional investments, tax management, charitable contributions, etc.
- Prepare in-depth wealth planning and financial planning reports for all clients. (Plans will be prepared using Naviplan or some other authorized software).
- Maintain monthly performance reports for clients.
- Maintain appropriate records, notes, and documentation relating to all interactions with prospects, clients and client advisors.
- Develop regular market and topical commentaries.
- May include financial modeling and projections as support to corporate initiatives.
- A University degree in a related discipline
- 5 years of experience in a similar role
- CFP, CIM or CFA Level 1 would be considered assets
- Knowledge of Naviplan software
- Sound problem solving ability and attention to detail
- Ability to handle client matters independently, with minimal supervision
- May be required to obtain and maintain appropriate registration as an associate advising employee when qualified IC/PM (or equivalent) with provincial securities commissions.
- Must be accessible by clients as required, some travel may be necessary
- Bilingual French/English
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh,which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions;Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.