Underwriter - Victor O. Schinnerer & Company
Location: Morristown, New Jersey, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_062750-en Apply
Victor O. Schinnerer & Company is looking for a dynamic and driven underwriter to support the continued growth of the Alternus property program. Alternus supports multi-national risk management oriented clients based on a quota share placement. The program is the first retail product to combine traditional and alternative capital to support the dynamic needs of this client base.
The Alternus Property Underwriter will be responsible for managing relationships with our exclusive business partners & insureds while supporting the underwriting and catastrophe modeling related to their assigned portfolio. In addition to their underwriting responsibilities they will support the continued development of underwriting systems, procedures and products.
This position is responsible for the underwriting and on-going support of domestic and multi-national property programs that are written on a shared & layered business. The business will be written on behalf of an A+ rated global carrier through the US offices of our exclusive distribution source
- Underwriting – The ability to review and document accounts based on program authority. Engage carrier program manager to gain authority of underwriting exceptions.
- Business Development – Travel to broker & insured locations throughout the United States in support of the continued growth and profit of the Alternus program.
- Policy Management – Ability to manage all phases of the policy life cycle and work collaboratively with our support team to insure a high level of customer service
- Systems Support – Ability to adapt to various systems and develop the skills necessary to support client management, continued development and testing
- Process Management – ability to adapt to the program workflow, support enhancement and effectively work with a remote team.
- Communicate and collaborate with business partners in other functional areas, including Underwriting, IT, Distribution, Marketing, Actuarial, Accounting and Finance.
- Mindset and temperament for handling multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- 3 - 5 years of property underwriting experience
- Detail orientation and a desire to learn
- Good interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining positive relationships with the underwriting team, Carriers, Victor O Schinnerer business partners and our exclusive broker.
- Ability to educate and influence beyond primary scope
- Strong analytical aptitude and critical thinking as demonstrated through work assignments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to engage clients, brokers and Underwriting management.
- Proficient skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint & PAS/Underwriting systems
- Must love what you do – passionate
Victor O. Schinnerer & Company (http://www.schinnerer.com/), a subsidiary of Marsh, is one of the world's oldest and largest underwriting manager of professional liability, specialty insurance, and risk management programs. Our expertise lies in evaluating risks, implementing program marketing, developing and executing risk management activities, and servicing accounts on behalf of our insurance company partners. We then distribute these products through our distribution network of licensed brokers.