Claims Consultant (MMA-NE)
Location: New York, New York, United States
Secondary Locations: Mt. Laurel,New Jersey,United States;Somerset,New Jersey,United States;Saddle Brook,New Jersey,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_045079-en Apply
We are a sales organization that treats each interaction with our client as a way to solidify and improve their view of our value to them. We require our team members to be client focused in a way that delivers the client effective and efficient resolutions to their risk management needs. A successful individual in this role is highly educated and fluent in coverage and the understanding of how claims impact coverage within a risk management program. The purpose of this role is advocacy for our clients and carriers as claims arise and strategically work to the benefit of our clients in a proactive manner regarding risk. The role requires an individual that is passionate about learning, advocating for claims, partnering with internal team members and external carrier partners with intent to help build strong risk management portfolios for all of our clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Be a claims advocate for clients; take claim calls, complete site visit as necessary for severe losses and promptly submit to carrier.
- Analyze, prioritize and interpret information drawing accurate conclusions with minimal guidelines; review and analyze policies to ensure any and all coverage that is applicable is triggered in the event of a loss.
- See claims issues through to resolution while effectively communicating with client and internal team members on the status of the claim.
- Proficiently maintain agency management system data for accuracy.
- Be a claims ‘go to’ in the marketplace; actively be present in the agency and the community with a focus on sharing claims knowledge and the impact of claims to a risk management program.
- Continue to drive for further education and knowledge; stay ahead of trends within coverage issues and claims technical skills.
- Provide coverage and claims strategy advice to clients and internal team members.
- Educate team members and clients through intentional training and education platforms on claims, handling of claims and claims case studies.
Claims Trending & Analysis:
- Monitor trending within claims activity; communicate effectively with agency teams for awareness of any coverage issues or pending carrier issues.
- Remit claims related data such as loss statistics, key trends, cost reduction opportunities and other data in order to assist development of action plans to manage client's total cost of risk.
- Provide recommendations to the internal marketing, sales & service teams regarding trending coverage issues in a way to mitigate and further engage our clients in understanding the coverage available to enhance their risk management portfolio.
- Build strong carrier relationships with adjusters and other claims team members in an effort to form a partnership that supports both client needs and carrier objectives.
- Communicate effectively with carriers as issues arise and work toward resolving issues efficiently.
- Property & Casualty License required
- 3+ years of experience preferred
- The successful candidate should have well developed consulting, advisory, advocacy, collaborative, written communication; be proactive; and demonstrate negotiation skills with both retail clients and insurance companies.
- Strong working knowledge in insurance contract interpretation.
- Prior working knowledge of interpreting claims data while coordinating and managing loss control and safety activities.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, written communication and strong customer focus is essential.