Oliver Wyman - Consultant - Automotive & Manufacturing Industries - Munich
Location: München, Germany
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_065478-en Apply
WHO WE ARE
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. For more information, visitwww.oliverwyman.com. Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
Oliver Wyman is searching for a Consultant with fluent German and English skills and experience in the Automotive and / or Manufacturing Industry.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage projects in various industries – being the face to the client
- Develop action and realization plans with the project team
- Organisation of meetings with stakeholders, client project team, ensuring best practice excellence
- Effective communication and reporting to project supervisor(s), to project requests
- Develop project tools and methods to reinforce the capabilities of the team/company
- Ensure and build a superior working relationship with the project team and the shop floor team
- Travel nationally and internationally, as required, to support clients
YOUR ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
Clients hire Oliver Wyman for specialized expertise, the ideal candidate will have most of the following:
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in the Automotive and Manufacturing industry
- Extensive technical knowledge around processes and products
- Excellent knowledge in engineering basic principles, e.g. physics, applied mechanics, materials science, measurement and control technology
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Automotive, Electrical), Mechatronic, Applied Mechanics, Robotics, Information Technology
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Strong Working Knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel & Power Point
- Strong Analytical Skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong Team Player, self-directed and willing to take initiative
OUR VALUES & CULTURE
We’re serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
- Self starters and free thinkers who work well in a team
We are individuals who are self starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we do
- Common aspiration, collective endeavour, shared success
We have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us
Straightforward, open, respectful interaction
We value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion
- Opportunity without artificial barriers
We value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunity
- Balanced lives
We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other’s time, and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people’s personal decisions, and believe that one's workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.
HOW TO APPLY
If you like what you’ve read, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’d like to learn more about the firm during your application process, please visit www.oliverwyman.com/careers,
Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We’re not perfect yet, but we’re working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.