Oliver Wyman - Core Consulting Group - Data Science Intern (m/f/d) - Berlin
Location: Berlin, Germany
Secondary Locations: München,Germany;
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_081005-en Apply
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Our work is marked by exceptional impact for our clients and we have earned a reputation for quality work and that is why we represent half of the top 500 global companies
Why Join Us?
Come aboard if you are excited by challenges and at ease working across cultures. You’ll find interesting people who speak their minds and measure success not by how many hours are worked but by what gets accomplished.
Immediate impact, continuous challenge
- Internships at Oliver Wyman provide a true taste of life as a consultant and unique preparation for a full-time role.
- During your internship, you’ll work on 1-2 challenging projects that have a significant impact on clients, industries, and societies.
- You’ll be a full team member, with responsibility for a distinct piece of work that will help the team deliver breakthrough impact.
- You will be based in one of the German offices, but may have the opportunity to travel for project work.
- We’ll ask you to challenge the norm and strive to build something new to shape our firm and the world around us.
Chart your course; we support the journey
- Throughout your internship, we will demonstrate our commitment to your growth and development, and to helping you chart your post-graduate course.
- You’ll learn on the job via our apprenticeship model. Much of your focus will be on research and analysis, and you may also have opportunities to begin developing your communication, presentation, and client-management skills.
- We care about you succeeding and you’ll be supported every step of the way. You will be mentored and coached by numerous colleagues, from partners and consultants to a dedicated “buddy,” formal “mentor,” and an “intern captain” overseeing the program.
We hire you to be you
- Our open, inclusive, and down-to-earth culture will enable you to bring your authentic self to work.
- There’s no corporate mold to fit and hierarchy doesn’t get in the way.
- Many of your colleagues will become life-long friends.
Who can apply?
• Undergraduate applicants with major in computer science, mathematics, statistics, operations research or machine learning
• Practical experience creating statistical models and/or data science solutions
• Exposure to elements of the standard canon of machine learning practices
• Exposure to open source data analysis platforms:Python, MATLAB, Pandas, SQL or other high volume data tools
Our intern program is open to students in their 3rd or 4th year of studies.
We look for people who display initiative, intuition, and creativity with a strong problem solving and analytical mindset. We do not require specific academic majors or industry experience and look for diversity of experience and skills. We value extracurricular activities and evidence of leading an interesting and impactful life outside of your studies.
Language skills: German and English (native/fluent)
How to apply?
• Please click on apply to submit your CV, cover letter and transcript
• If you would like to find out more information about Oliver Wyman, please visit www.oliverwyman.com/careers or alternatively, apply to attend one of our events, details of which can be found here https://www.oliverwyman.com/careers/recruiting-events.html
Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer and a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies. To learn more, please follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OliverWymanKarriere/,LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/oliver-wyman/ or Twitter: @OliverWyman