Oliver Wyman - Senior Manager - Automotive & Manufacturing Industries - Munich
Location: München, Germany
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_065702-en Apply
WHO WE ARE
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. For more information, visitwww.oliverwyman.com. Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
Oliver Wyman is searching for a Senior Manager who provides comprehensive technical knowledge in data science (obtain data extracts, build analytics models, create visualizations) combined with business expertise in digital manufacturing, quality management and operations improvement. The Manager/Senior Manager has extensive experience in automotive, aerospace and/or manufacturing industry, providing strong technical leadership to ensure valid analytics solutions to solve real world problems in client projects with international clients.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads complex development of analytics solutions to solve real world problems in client projects from idea to concept to implementation in some of the world’s largest organizations
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment with specialists in manufacturing operations, advanced analytics, machine learning and design
- Plan and execute good practice data integration strategies and approaches
- Mentor more junior colleagues in projects and provide guidance where required
- Develop methods, tools and software assets to reinforce the capabilities of the team/company
- Presents concepts and solutions to colleagues and clients. Initiates customer feedback on effectiveness of services and products
- Travel nationally & internationally, as required, to support clients
YOUR ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
Clients hire Oliver Wyman for specialized expertise, the ideal candidate will have most of the following:
- BSc or MSc level in the field of Computer Science, Machine Learning or Engineering
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience in manufacturing with strong data science track record
- Business expert in digital manufacturing, quality management and operations improvement
- Experience in applying advanced analytical and statistical methods in automotive, aerospace and/or manufacturing industry
- Strong track record and expertise of programming languages, with a focus on advanced analytics (such as Python, R, Scala, Java, SQL, Tableau)
- Experience working with large data sets and relational databases
- Good team spirit and ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to both colleagues and clients
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze issues, identify causes, and recommend solutions quickly
- Good presentation and communication skills, with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields
OUR VALUES & CULTURE
We’re serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
- Self starters and free thinkers who work well in a team
We are individuals who are self starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we do
- Common aspiration, collective endeavour, shared success
We have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us
Straightforward, open, respectful interaction
We value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion
- Opportunity without artificial barriers
We value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunity
- Balanced lives
We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other’s time, and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people’s personal decisions, and believe that one's workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.
HOW TO APPLY
If you like what you’ve read, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’d like to learn more about the firm during your application process, please visit www.oliverwyman.com/careers,
Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We’re not perfect yet, but we’re working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.