Oliver Wyman - Supply Chain Data Scientist - Munich
Location: München, Germany
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_066700-en Apply
WHO WE ARE
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. For more information, visitwww.oliverwyman.com. Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
Our Supply Chain Practice assists our clients in solving complex Supply Chain challenges. We develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' problems.
You will be part of a global team, developing world-class intellectual capital throughout the supply chain space, with a focus on innovative, digital solutions like Digital supply chain, Blockchain, agile network design, digital S&OP processes, end-to-end supply chain transparency, intelligent distribution logistics, advanced Supply Chain forecasting and Industry 4.0.
We often apply advanced analytics and leave behind implemented solutions and measurable impact.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position of Supply Chain Data Scientist offers assignments applying data science for highly diverse clients from a very multifaceted industry spectrum. We offer excellent career and growth opportunities as well as a highly motivating work environment with outstanding colleagues.
Assignments will typically alternate between research, development, and implementation tasks, as well as marketing:
- Development and research tasks will focus on acquiring and building innovative solutions to address problems in the supply chain space, such as demand forecasting, operations improvement or network optimization etc.
- Project related work will focus on applying and deploying those solutions with major clients. This will go jointly with industry experts and project teams, while the data scientist’s role is to be an ‘expert on the ground’
- The candidate will work on projects that require deep learning or reinforcement learning
- Marketing work will include preparation for publications, articles, and conferences
Examples of successfully implemented projects:
- the concept, structure and technical implementation of the first fully-digital energy retailer in Germany
- setup of a business intelligence platform for customer value optimization at a leading automotive bank
- potential analysis and use case definition for disruptive technologies for a globally leading bank
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting primary and secondary research and identification of novel and practical solutions to complex issues
- Testing and putting those solutions into practice with day-to-day data science questions in an efficient and traceable fashion applicable to business problems
- Developing hypotheses; managing data collection, model creation and analyses; creatively tackling information limitations; and surfacing business insights
- Collaboration with consultants, including use of internal network effectively to provide technical expertise and guidance to projects
YOUR ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
Just as every client project is different, so we recognize and value the diversity of backgrounds and skill sets for successful candidates. We are seeking high-caliber individuals who want to join our winning team. Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or Engineering
- Previous experience in data science e.g. data science competitions, previous employments, academic research
- Strong analytics and communication skills
- Experience in advanced analytics and data manipulation - R, SQL, Python
- Experience to work effectively and collaboratively in a team, be independent and work under limited supervision and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent command of English language (verbal and written)
- Previous work experience in management or specialized consulting firm
- Previous experience in supply chain related position e.g. demand planning, procurement, operations planning
OUR VALUES & CULTURE
We’re serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
- Self starters and free thinkers who work well in a team
We are individuals who are self starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we do
- Common aspiration, collective endeavour, shared success
We have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us
Straightforward, open, respectful interaction
We value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion
- Opportunity without artificial barriers
We value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunity
- Balanced lives
We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other’s time, and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people’s personal decisions, and believe that one's workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.
HOW TO APPLY
If you like what you’ve read, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’d like to learn more about the firm during your application process, please visit www.oliverwyman.com/careers,
Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We’re not perfect yet, but we’re working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.