Principal Consultant – Advisory Services
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Secondary Locations: Nashville,Tennessee,United States;Miami,Florida,United States;Charlotte,North Carolina,United States;Los Angeles,California,United States;Montreal,Quebec,Canada;Vancouver,British Columbia,Canada;Seattle,Washington,United States;San Francisco,California,United States;Chicago,Illinois,United States;Atlanta,Georgia,United States;Toronto,Ontario,Canada;Washington,District of Columbia,United States;San Francisco,California,United States;The Woodlands,Texas,United States;New York,New York,United States;Boston,Massachusetts,United States;Austin,Texas,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_043378-en Apply
Principal Consultant – Advisory Services
Principal Consultant – Advisory Servicesprovides leadership and direction to project management relative to a Functional or Technical discipline. Supports other Advisors and deployment resources while defining and designing fundamental organization of HR and Workday solutions across Functional and Technical areas to meet client needs. This is a creative and delivery role to both develop service programs to meet Workday Deployment goals and deliver them to realize our firm’s value proposition. A Principal Consultant – Advisory Services is expected to use their experience to create new service offerings and given significant autonomy to develop program initiative solutions, championing the initiatives through Sales and solution architecture as well as mentor others on the assimilation and delivery. These products and services include intellectual property that devise and apply best practices, processes, templates, tools and technologies that include a broad spectrum of components in the HR/HRIT space including:
- Functional and Technical Practices
- Solution architecture and Deployment Road-mapping
- Efficiency and Effectiveness Surveys and analysis for Functional or Technical discipline
- HR Data modeling for Functional disciplines
- HR Staffing and HR Service Delivery of Functional discipline
- HR Lifecycle - Process Engineering and Role Designs
- Data Management and Conversion Strategy of Functional discipline
- Reporting Strategy and Outcomes of Functional discipline
- Integration Technology and Enterprise Strategy
- Global Mobility, Identify & Access Management Solutions
- Deliver Functional or Technical Advisory Services
- Service Delivery Utilization Requirement: 80%
- Define, design and create new Products/Services to realize value and competitive advantage
- Integrate Functional or Technical Best Practices, Tools and Technologies into Workday Practice
- Lead and mentor other Advisors and Consultants
Other Key Responsibilities
- Conducts business with the utmost professionalism including:
- Fulfills commitments consistently on-time and proactively escalates commitments that are in jeopardy.
- Responds promptly to requests and never allows queries to fall into a "black hole."
- Attends meetings on time, always.
- Judges the tradeoffs of technology and feasibility with choices that fit constraints of the project.
- Familiar with project management fundamentals and fulfilling the leadership roles on projects.
- Designs and implements business technology solutions across cloud-based applications
- Direct involvement and/or oversight of developing business requirements, specifications, process flows, application design, application configuration, testing and deployment.
- Works directly with clients to lead projects, facilitates business process analysis sessions, develops and delivers key components of technology solution.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to other team members
- Serves as subject matter expert.
- Confident and willing to challenge a customer, guide them towards the appropriate solution for their needs and push back if a customer is asking for solutions that aren't in their best interest.
- Ability to guide customer towards creative uses of standard software functionality
- Travels to client site as required.
- Generates timely status reports, time tracking, and expense reports.
- Functions as leader within the organization, area of specialty and industry.
- Participates actively in Discussions, building a reputation as a go-to resource for the toughest problems. Contributes to the wiki, contributes to asset Libraries, sponsors new employees, and presents continuing education sessions.
- Provides presales support as requested.
- Oversee decisions and activities of Deployment project teams
- Achieves utilization targets.
- Understand platform limitations and design alternatives to work around limitations
- Ability to split time between many projects at once, work autonomously, and complete tasks
- Identify when business requirements conflict with technical capabilities
- Provide constructive feedback to project teams
- Monitor deliverables for consistent quality as well as compliance with standards
- Partner with project managers to monitor project status and risk areas
- Perform the advanced design and development tasks
- 2+ years as a Workday Implementer on enterprise-scale global projects
- 2+ years as a Workday Engagement/Project Manager.
- 2+ years project experience in HR Strategy / Operations / Consulting
- Experience deploying or consulting on other ERP software systems
- Experience with Master Data Management
- Experience with Organizational Change Management
- Experience with the Software Development Lifecycle
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Technology