Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_086067-en Apply
Marsh has an opening for an Account Representative to support a team of brokers in the corporate commercial insurance division. This role provides administrative support to ensure that communication and process flow to carriers and clients is timely and consistent from submission to policy issuance. This role is also responsible for gathering and reviewing required client information to ensure teams are able to present information as well as make appropriate recommendations to clients and carriers. This is a client-focused role; supporting a book of business and working closely with AEs, AAEs and Producers.
What can you expect?
- This position is critical to successfully support midsize to large client accounts
- You will receive on the job, computer based and side-by-side training in renewal of certificates, policy review and transmittals, and data management to be successful and productive in this role
- Work alongside senior level highly experienced colleagues to gain experience and skill sets for professional growth
- Within one year of employment you will have the ability to obtain a property and casualty broker’s license
What is in it for you?
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business.
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and performance bonus potential), Full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, generous 401k match AND contribution.
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
We will Count on you to:
- Gather all client renewal information, create renewal documents and carrier confirmations
- Review and follow up regarding submissions, endorsements, declinations, policy issuance, extensions and cancellations and escalating concerns to direct manager or client team, as appropriate
- Manage and record confirmation and follow up activities in workflow system
- Compare certified policy to policy issuance request
- Builds and maintains relationships with client teams to provide timely and proactive customer service
What you Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business
- 1-3+ years of commercial lines insurance experience or combination of insurance internship experience
- Must be able and willing to become Property & Casualty (P&C) Licensed within one year after start date
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Must be detail oriented and a quick learner
- Must possess strong communication skills
What Makes You Stand Out?
- P & C license
- Excellent organizational and multitasking ability
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.