Account Specialist, Employee Health & Benefits (MMA-NE)
Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_058268-en Apply
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn’t your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining our industry leadership. Discover how much more is possible as you grow or advance your career.
The primary focus of the Account Specialist is to provide technical support to the Account Manager and to clients in maintaining employee benefits programs in accordance with the objectives and procedures outlined by the Practice Leader. This individual should be familiar with all aspects of group insurance. Must have the capability to handle a diversified workload with the ability to prioritize, clearly communicate within a structured team model to the appropriate MMA team members, Clients and Carrier Representatives; display a high degree of professionalism; be detail oriented; dependable; process work independently, but work as part of the team; and possess excellent computer skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of Employee Benefits;
- Work closely within the structured Team assigned to accounts to: Gather, review and evaluate benefit plans, financial data and funding arrangements; Prepare renewal timeline; renewal specifications; and prepare proposals;
- Preparation of Request for Proposals for clients by organizing current data into an appropriate summary with assistance from Benefit Specialists and Client Services/Wellness Coordinator. Market lines of coverage to appropriate carriers based on dynamics and demographics of the group; follow through for renewals from carriers;
- Ability to read and summarize incoming proposals;
- Prepare proposal based upon set strategy for the Team;
- Able to work within our Agency Management System following all workflows and procedures while also handling all processes within MMA’s procedural guidelines as designed by management with precision accuracy; enter information as appropriate into BenefitPoint and attach all necessary documents in Agency fling system, Image Right;
- Able to communicate with carriers effectively in the collecting of information required for policy renewals, prospects, and new business. Meet with carriers to understand lines of coverage and changes in product lines;
- Coordinate within team to analyze monthly claim reports and monitoring of specific stop loss claims to ensure accurate reporting;
- Maintain high level of confidentiality, and adheres to all policies and procedures
- Demonstrate an understanding of Employee Benefit Insurance terminology, products and services.
- High proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and web based agency management systems such as Benefitpoint and ImageRight.
- Minimum of 2 year experience in the Employee Benefits insurance brokerage/consulting is preferred.
- Valid State appropriate insurance license for Life/Health preferred
- College Degree is preferred.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.