Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_049174-en Apply
- Performs more complex clerical functions, including but not limited to, photocopying, faxing, scanning, word processing and filing to assist Advisory colleagues.
- Attends internal strategy meetings to gain a deeper understanding of the work the Company does and better assist Advisory colleagues.
- Assists in the creation of presentations and program submissions, including coverage specifications, in collaboration with Advisory colleagues.
- Assists in preparing proposal components including the analysis of: pricing, coverage terms and conditions, services, quote comparisons, financing, commentary and recommendations.
- Monitors the renewal and binder control system to ensure things are progressing according to schedule.
- Requests follow-up for changes from underwriters to ensure coverage is correct.
- Maintains ongoing relationship with clients and team colleagues to effectively service clients and market contact and assist the Advisory colleagues.
- Understands and complies with compliance and transparency standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Client facing professional experience in business administration, finance, or communications is desired
- Insurance industry knowledge a plus
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Must be organized and able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have keen attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
- Broker licensed a plus OR able and willing to obtain within 3 months of employment
Marsh is a global leader in insurance brokering and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance brokering, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.