Associate Placement Specialist - Cyber
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Secondary Locations: New York,New York,United States;Houston,Texas,United States;
Company: MarshJob ID R_082456-en Apply
Associate Placement Specialist - Corp Cyber - FINPRO
The Placement Specialist role within our Corporate Business Group will be responsible for designing the placement strategy and negotiating with carriers to receive the best terms, conditions, coverage and pricing for the client, and making recommendations to the client and client's team.
- Responsible for using risk expertise to analyze client’s current and historical exposures and develop solutions for clients.
- Submits coverage specifications and obtains quotes from carriers, negotiates with insurance markets, binds coverage and responsible for the accuracy of bound programs.
- Articulate impact of options and make recommendations to the client's team and the client.
- Responsible for issuing appropriate binding documents, ensuring the accuracy of programs as well as follows up for any open items and subjectivities.
- Keeps abreast of changing insurance and risk market conditions and informs Client Team/Clients and carriers of major developments affecting various types of coverage
- Demonstration of technical understanding of Cyber/Network Security & Privacy, Technology Errors & Omissions, Media, and Miscellaneous Professional Liability.
- Builds and maintains relationships with carriers, underwriters, and client team to provide value to the client.
- Manages and records all activities in workflow system to ensure timely follow up by client, carriers, and client team.
- Supports and assists in the development of new products and provides input on pricing of services.
- Contributes to the firm’s body of knowledge on Cyber/Network Security & Privacy, Technology Errors & Omissions, Media, and Miscellaneous Professional Liability products by active participation in internal networks.
- Understands and complies with the Marsh Compliance and Transparency Standards
- Independently handles their own client assignments
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a matrix team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Proficient knowledge of business systems & technology
- 3-5 years of Cyber Liability experience required
- Broker’s License required, or ability to obtain
- BA or BS preferred
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 60,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer.