Decision Support Financial Specialist
Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_058091-en Apply
Decision Support Financial Specialist - Mercer
Location: New York City
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset – their people. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about delivering quality service, love solving problems, and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the many job opportunities available through Mercer. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. MMC has over 56,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue exceeding $14 billion. For more information, visit www.mercer.com or follow Mercer on Twitter @MercerInsights.
The Financial Specialist will support the Director of Decision Support who ultimately rolls up to the Head of Mercer, Central Finance.
- Support the Finance Director in analyzing data from financial, sales, and operational databases to develop data-driven solutions that support revenue and income growth
- Build and automate monthly key performance indicators to be used by senior management
- Identify opportunities to drive improved performance within the business
- Standardize reporting across the finance function of the firm to improve forecasting accuracy
- Reporting/Forecasting: Generate and analyze ad-hoc reports from financial databases for revenue growth scenarios, expense line-items, NOI, margins, and impact of acquisitions
- Develop a monthly dashboard highlighting key business results that will drive decision making
- Work with Director of Decision Support and Head of Mercer Strategy to develop long-term plans and incentives to deliver revenue and NOI growth
- Implement process improvements within the finance organization
- Provide support to Director of Decision Support as needed for special projects such as developing presentations for Mercer Executive Leadership Meetings; analyzing the options between different bonus plans for various business and job functions and “Follow the trail” to determine expense related to technology spend (e.g. Bloomberg licenses) to directly impact the bottom line
- Advanced Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, match, sumproduct) and PowerPoint skills
- Financial modeling, analytical problem solving
- Experience manipulating large amounts of data
- Ability to work under pressure with short deadlines
- Can-do attitude; willing to learn new data tools
- Collaborative nature, comfortable working with colleagues of all levels across a global organization
- Great organization skills with the ability to handle multiple work streams simultaneously
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.