Location: New York, New York, United States
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_045248-en Apply
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 4500 professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman’s thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman Group: www.oliverwymangroup.com
Are you obsessed with writing and editing the perfect story? Are you driven to help build a 21st century digital newsroom? Are you interested in working on some of the most challenging issues facing business leaders? So are we.
Oliver Wyman seeks a digital editor to manage our new content platform, The Forum. In this role, you will own the daily editorial direction of the site, working with the Director, Digital Marketing and Forum managing editor. You will also help define and manage the Forum as a brand and product and set strategy for this high-profile effort. The ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines working with co-workers located across the globe. We welcome applicants who want to play a leadership role in guiding the future of Oliver Wyman digital storytelling techniques, and who come to work with a healthy curiosity and modestly irreverent sense of humor.
- Manage the daily operation and editorial scheduling of news-driven Web site
- Write short posts and quick hits on breaking news related to larger Forum themes.
- Work with managing editor and authors to develop long-form pieces, interactive elements, Q&As and video features
- Working with Digital Marketing Impact Team, develop new digital approaches to storytelling, leveraging Oliver Wyman research to create compelling interactive charts & graphics
- Social Media
- Serve as manager of The Forum’s social presence.
- Develop content for all social platforms on which the Forum resides
- Coordinate with the head of social media on best practices
- Ensure MMC social media guidelines are being enforced.
Digital Product Editor
- External digital presence
- Monitor the firm’s search engine performance and recommend improvements to our search engine optimization strategy.
- Engage key social media influencers to help grow the Forum brand
- Manage the Forum digital presence at hosted live events
- Monitor acquired traffic for inbound leads
- Digital metrics
- Working with the Digital Marketing Impact Team, develop monthly analytics reports
- Provide Ad hoc traffic reports for partners, marketing colleagues around specific campaigns and practices
- Video efforts
- Conceive and execute on video projects to support online efforts
- Liaise with internal design team on arranging shoots and edits
- Serve as executive producer; Book and organize video shoots
- New product development
- Collaborate with Forum team on new approaches to digital storytelling, including podcast series and AR/VR efforts.
- Play leadership role in defining editorial strategy for the Forum with managing editor
- Empower firm and colleagues to explore new platforms and electronic opportunities, including video, interactive data, social, blogging and beyond
- Serve as digital consultant to the Forum team, collaborating on new approaches to promoting content, events and Forum capabilities.
- Advise on best practices and adoption of new technologies
- International site strategy. Work with marketing leads abroad to ensure Forum efforts are integrated into overall best practices
- Internal communications.
In collaboration with Director of Internal Communications and IT, continue to develop content and drive usage of firm’s internal social business collaboration tool, POW (People of Oliver Wyman), to increase engagement and connectivity and enhance the culture
- 3-5 years’ experience as a reporter/editor for a digital-first publication, ideally at a financial or business journal or Web site.
- Proven experience developing multi-platform content, including social media, blog and long-form journalism
- A keen understanding of data visualization techniques, with proven ability to work with designers to simply present complex data sets.
- A solid understanding of HTML editing tools
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in journalism, communications or business preferred.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of the company
- Flexibility, professional maturity
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to handle pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Self-starter who has an appetite for learning and is driven to excel and grow
- Finally, we are looking for someone who will be committed to the company and add to the life and culture of Oliver Wyman