Engagement Manager - Education Services
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Secondary Locations: New York,New York,United States;Chicago,Illinois,United States;
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_079967-en Apply
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 4700+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman’s thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman Group: www.oliverwymangroup.com
Practice Overview: Education
Oliver Wyman’s rapidly growing Global Education practice distinguishes itself by the value it creates for clients. We bring deep industry knowledge and state-of-the-art problem-solving capabilities and tools tailored to the needs of our clients. Oliver Wyman works with companies and investors around the world across all levels of the global Education and Ed Tech sectors – early childhood, primary & secondary, vocational & higher education, corporate & professional and life-long. We work with senior management, boards of directors and private equity investors to address strategic and operational opportunities and challenges through proven, results-oriented approaches. We deliver value through innovative growth & investment strategies, mergers & acquisitions, customer experience design, digital transformations, pricing optimization and sales channel deployment. We have completed hundreds of engagements for leading companies and private equity firms across North America, Europe, the Middle East, China and Southeast Asia creating sustainable shareholder value.
Role: Engagement Manager
The Education Practice is seeking Engagement Managers to support our continued expansion. Our consulting roles offer excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with relevant prior experience. As a professional member of our firm, your initial responsibilities will include:
- Leading teams of consultants in complex analysis and problem solving including: problem structuring, analytical techniques, synthesis, and client implications
- Planning and executing analysis for individual project modules: developing hypotheses, managing data collection, model creation and analyses, primary and secondary research and surfacing insights
- Supporting partners project execution through excellent case management: work planning, managing work flow, upward management and coaching/developing team members
- Managing client relationships and networks, presenting to board audiences, and working day to day with clients
- Effective and impactful communication of issues and solutions, in formal and informal settings, through written and verbal communication
Desired Skills and Experience
Just as every client project is different, so we recognize and value the diversity of backgrounds and skill sets for successful candidates. We are seeking high-caliber individuals who want to join our winning team. Preference will be given to candidates with:
- 5+ years of experience in strategy consulting and/or PE practice experience
- Strong background in strategic problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills
- In-depth experience with customer research techniques (interviews, surveys, focus groups, etc.)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (NYSE: MMC). For more information, please visit www.oliverwyman.com and follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman. www.oliverwyman.com
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.